Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint in Bozeman, MT

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by nick2588, Aug 24, 2007.

1. nick2588

nick2588 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung m510
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Anyone know about Sprint's coverage in Bozeman? I'm interested also in the coverage at MSU. Sprint's website shows pretty much all of Montana as "Signal strength information unknown" or something. Basically, is Sprint's coverage good enough that I won't need to roam in Bozeman? I know roaming is in included and Verizon covers the area, but if all of my minutes are roaming, they definitely won't allow that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dalbrich

dalbrich Junior Member

Sprint will appear as native coverage in Bozeman. In my limited tourist level experience, I had good service there.

Sprint will show huge amounts of native (non-roaming) coverage in Montana largely due to a sharing arrangement with Alltel. They also inherited some equipment from Qwest, so they even have some of their own coverage-- although they don't sell service in Montana. If you are not annoyed at having a non-local phone number, you may be able to keep Sprint and be happy.

Anyway, I'd give it a try, and then after you live in Bozeman make a determination as to whether to keep Sprint or not.

-Dan

PS: The two likely competitors in the area are either Verizon or Alltel. My family in Montana prefer Verizon but you can try either or both.

3. nick2588

nick2588 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung m510
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Ah, alright, so you can't even sign up for Sprint there? I have a friend in Bozeman who was looking for a cell phone and was wondering whether she should sign up for Sprint's SERO plan, what the coverage is like, etc. but I see now that she is not even eligible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Right. Sprint apparently has an agreement with Alltel where they're not allowed to sell service and phones in Montana even though they do have their own native service. So in other words the service is provider for travelers use only.