Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint improves coverage near UC Berkeley!

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by larry, Jul 10, 2002.

1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Sprint has now added a second antenna this year near UC Berkeley. The previous one was installed at the North end of campus and didn't reach too well to the South and off campus. The new one which went on the air this week greatly improves coverage along Telegraph Avenue and frat row. Just a tip for those of you who have complained about coverage problems near UC Berkeley in the past. Sprint might be a good choice now.

2. CaliphoniaBoy

CaliphoniaBoy Senior Member

Larry,

that's good news for Berkeley. I will start a poll over here and let you know about the improvements from and end-user point of view.

C.

3. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Ok great but remember the new antenna just went up so base it on current performance and not the past.

4. CaliphoniaBoy

CaliphoniaBoy Senior Member

Hey Larry,

you know me... I am trying to be as objective and current as possible... that's part of my profession...

That's why I also said I will start a poll, implying that the data gathering phase also should start now.

So long

C.

5. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Here's a link to some current discussion from the usenet forum about the new site in Berkeley:

New site in Berkeley!

Chris Pisarra, who's a long time SPCS user in Berkeley tells about it. I also know a couple SPCS users in Berkeley and they both have seen significant gains from this new antenna as well as the one on the North side of campus which was added last February.