Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Enhances Networks, Expands Coverage Throughout Connecticut

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by larry, Mar 10, 2008.

1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Sprint Enhances Networks, Expands Coverage Throughout Connecticut
    Connecticut Customers Reap the Benefits of 36 New Cell Sites Statewide<

HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 10, 2008--Sprint (NYSE:S) customers throughout Connecticut can enjoy the benefits of speed with Sprint in more places than ever. During 2007, Sprint added 36 new cell sites to its Nationwide Sprint Network and Nextel National Network statewide.

"Sprint is constantly working to enhance and expand its networks throughout Connecticut and across the country," said Maureen Link, area vice president for Sprint. "Sprint offers customers the largest voice calling area, the nation's largest mobile broadband network, the world's fastest push-to talk network and the largest push-to-talk community. This gives our customers the ability and tools they need to stay in touch with their family, friends and business associates on the go."

Sprint customers in the Connecticut area can take advantage of the recent enhancements at the following key locations in the market:

Bridgeport
    Bristol
    Colchester
    Danbury
    Dayville
    East Windsor
    Greenwich
    Litchfield
    Manchester
    Middletown
    New Fairfield
    New Haven
    North Franklin
    Norwalk
    Old Lyme
    Roxbury
    Shelton
    Sherman
    Southbury
    Stamford
    Suffield
    Trumbull
    Weston
    Waterbury
    Woodbridge

"Sprint continues to make great strides in network performance, and nationally, Sprint's wireless networks are performing at best-ever levels," Link said. "We continue to invest in Connecticut and work aggressively to ensure Sprint customers have the enhanced networks they want and need."

2. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I call bull____! They did NOT add all these towers. NO SITE WAS ADDED IN LITCHFIELD. ya its been planned for a billion years but guess what, construction hasnt even started, so they're lying.

3. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    They were probably mostly CDMA add-ons to existing Nextel sites. Not entirely new sites. Also some of these improvements could have been for the IDEN side.

4. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    No, Litchfield has only two towers. Sprint is on both of them and has been for years. There is NO IDEN, no existing nextel sites, i know for a fact. Nothing has been added in Litchfield by Sprint Nextel. No iden, and no cdma, there are just "plans" for a new tower.

5. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Well enhancements can mean new cell sites or upgrading equipment at existing ones.