Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Data Coverage in Camden SC and vicinity

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by BradQue, May 14, 2007.

1. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Does anyone know whether or not Sprint's data coverage works well in the Camden SC (Zip 29020) area? I see green on their coverage map but don't understand whether it applies to voice, or voice and the data plan that would be available using a Sprint Wireless card in a notebook computer.

Thanks,

Brad

2. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Ok voice coverage looks good (thats the green that you saw), however Sprint EvDO isn't available, so while you will be able to use your data card, youll only be on 1xRTT which is close to dial-up speeds.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks for the response and clarification Clock.

I posed that question to Sprint on their Customer Service web site but got no response. That alone is an indicator about their approach to service levels I suppose.

We're moving to an area with questionable broad band service so I am searching for an alternative.

Brad

4. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Np Brad. Alltel has got EvDO coverage in the Camden area, you may want to look into them as an alternative.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks, good plan. I currently have Verizon but compared to Sprint, their wireless broadband is a bit more expensive. Altel has a pretty good reputation.