Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint "customer service"

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by badtux, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badtux

badtux New Member

The basic problem is that their customer service sucks. I call and call and call, and they say time after time that they're fixing it and that I have to wait two hours and then it'll be fixed, and it's never fixed. Then when I call back after going through this rigamarole several times, the robot says they're closed. Closed? What the :censored::censored: is that? My god, this is the 21st century, not 1964!

Look, I work in the computer industry for a fairly small company (around 100 employees). Our technical support department is *NEVER* closed. We *ALWAYS* have Tier 1 support 24 hours a day, contracted to a support vendor whose personnel we train to support our product. We *ALWAYS* have Tier 2 support 24 hours a day, provided inhouse by company support employees who work rotating 8 hour shifts and can handle pretty much anything other than software bugs. And we generally have Tier 3 people available for at least 16 hours a day between our San Jose office and our Hyderabad office, but they're rarely needed because our Tier 2 guys are *good*. What kind of MORONS think they can get away with only offering technical support between the hours of 9am and 5pm Central Time in today's day and age?! Man, it's like going back 40 years to the days of "We're Ma Bell, we don't care, because we don't have to"!!!!

I will give Sprint one last chance to get my phone working -- ALL features of my phone working. If they don't get my phone working, they get to eat it, since I just bought it and am still in the trial period. But I will say that I am heartily unimpressed by Sprint "customer service" thus far. They appear stuck in the 1960's instead of the 21st century. If this is "customer service", then they must be defining "service" as "what a stallion does to a mare".

-BT

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    What's not working about your phone?

3. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Yes Customer Service is lacking. That is the One Flaw of Sprint, that and the phone upgrade policy. But do tell what is the problem with your phone.

4. badtux

badtux New Member

Right now, the two things that are not working (probably related) are a) the manage.sprintpcs.com web site management UI (can't log in there with my phone #, it literally claims I don't exist), and the Sprint PowerVision home page and related services (email etc.) on my Treo 700p. They got my phone service going (finally, took them 24 hours), they got my DUN going (took another 2 hours after the first change didn't "stick" because it got overwritten by another change), so they're getting *close* to getting everything working... but I'll probably spend another hour on the phone with them several times again today, with more bogus promises of "two hours and it'll be active", before it all works.

Also, I need to check what else they didn't enter correctly when they re-entered my order manually after cancelling it because the stupid order taker did not enter my personal data exactly as it appeared on the T-Mobile bill that was sitting in front of him. My DUN didn't work because said customer "support" persons attempting to tickle their computer into accepting me did not enable the "Phone as Modem" option (which is on my printout of the service request, BTW). What else didn't make it? That's one reason why I'm wanting to get into the management UI. Assuming that it's similar to T-Mobile's, it'll show me what services are on my account.

This is all reminiscent of my experience with AT&T Wireless "back in the day". Same creaky IT systems always on the verge of collapse, same set of harried support technicians attempting to trick those creaky IT systems into doing the right thing, same impression of wheels slowly coming off. As we all know, the local number migration finally torpedoed AT&T Wireless -- they lost half of their customer base within six months as their IT systems totally collapsed, and Cingular picked them up for pennies on the dollar. My impression of Sprint is that they're not far removed from going that way, though it's unclear who would want to buy them other than maybe Alltel (if they could swing the DoJ approval -- depends on how big of bribes they've paid to Washington politicians lately, I suppose).

5. badtux

badtux New Member

Latest: "Oh, you can't get into the web because you need to change your password. Oh, it'll take 24 hours before the password is updated."

Alrighty, then! These guys *obviously* hired AT&T Wireless's IT manager :loony: .

6. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah those are the two things i agree on........the "limited hours" (who does that other than the amish and the small businesses that hope this will make the callers think theyre big?) and the myriad of numbers that sprint has to call........when i called sprint to check on my order status......they gave me 1 number.....it didn't work so i called and they gave me a different number......it didn't work so I called them back and gave me a different number....it didn't work so icall them back 2 mins later and it says the offices are closed....then i call them back right away and i get a rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the damn computer said they were closed and i call them back and it gave me a rep right away........do they enjoy pissing people off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. giggles31

giggles31 Guest

i definetly agree with you sprint customer service is terrible wmy boyfriend just renewed his contract and after he did that sprint starting screwing him over big time i myself will never buy a phone withh them i got one cause it was a gift from him :mad:

8. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    You are aware that it's not just Sprint that has limited Customer and Technical support hours? All the big carriers do this, they all offer the same limited services after hours. It's great that the company you work for has determined there is value is offering support after hours but wireless carriers have unanimously decided that the return is not worth the expense to maintain the staff. Nothing with people's phones is a matter of life and death, it can wait a few hours. Everyone got along just fine for a long time without cell phones. Look at it this way, if you think the techs are bad now, can you imagine if they had to train an additional shift? The problem would be even worse!

Just to reiterate, all the major wireless players have limited services after hours.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    With that particulat statement, I really feel your pain. That is why I had left Sprint originally. Before anytime I had a problem it took a multiple call marathon of over an hour calls to get something extremely simple figured out. There was even a few things that never got resolved. On a positive note, since I came back to Sprint, things have gotten a lot better. There have only been a couple of issues which did get fixed after two, if not one phone calls. That is a vast improvement from before. As of right now, everything is great for me.

10. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    These old threads that get dug up from the grave (usually by a newbie) can be misleading and throw us all off sometimes. I've been fooled by them a few times and I can see it happened here again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.