Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Customer 'service'?

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by robbepp, Dec 26, 2003.

1. robbepp

robbepp New Member

I guess this is as much a 'rant' as anything else. If I can help even one person avoid the customer service Hell that is Sprint PCS, it will be worth it.

I'm not complaining here about the voice service. The fact that I could not make a 10 minute call without losing the signal, and that my Wife, who is required by her employer to use Sprint, has the same problem in the same location, that is not today's issue.

I'm not complaining about how I can sit at my desk and call the Sprint phone, hear 4-5 rings on the landline before it goes to voicemail, and the Sprint phone, showing a full-strength signal, sits there dead silent. My record is eight tries before a call went through to the phone.

I'm not complaining about the 'Vision' service that made you wait for minutes on end before getting a variety of network errors.

I'm not complaining about the 'Shortmail' system. The only thing short about it is your odds of getting a message through.

I'm not complaining about their warranty service that sent two replacement phones, each with physical defects making them unuseable as received.

What I am complaining about is their customer service people. In the 6 months that I had Sprint service, I had the pleasure(?) of talking with literally dozens of customer service agents, tech support people and a few supervisors. I have come to find that less than 50% of the CS agents actually made notes of the conversation, and 50% of the 1/2 that made notes didn't accurately note the situation. The supervisors for the most part take a tone that, of course, the customer is making it all up, even when dates, times and names are offered.

Am I hard to deal with? I can only offer that I have service with Verizon, Nextel, AT&T and Globalstar and have nothing bad to say about any of them. And I still have an interest in having a Sprint phone that works.

But that is apparently not possible. Or, as one Sprint customer service person told me, 'Sir, you are asking too much. You are going to have dropped calls with any cellular carrier."

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    i also feel that the best way to deal with sprint is to vent it all out on someone. lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    You see, I have had a lot of dropped calls with Sprint too, and that's why I canceled my Sprint service and went to Verizon. Sprint didn't work for me, it might not work for you either. If it doesn't work in places that you need it, then it's definetely not something you want to pay for.
    Greetings,
    Andy

4. Gman

Gman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Because you have had bad experiences does not at all mean that others necessarily will. They might. They might not. Obviously something was going on with your account for you to have had so many interactions. If things are so bad for you, it is time for another carrier (your sixth??-something wrong there). I do believe people have bad experiences but I also believe it happens on all carriers and things posted on the internet are often overstated for a larger effect.

5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I agree Gman. I have not had those type of problems in 6 years as a Sprint customer.

6. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    I am sorry, but i love this responce. It is hilarious.

7. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    While I do know the pains of this person and having bad service with Sprint in places. I would have to say that I am happy with the "area" that I am in now and the service I recieve. I do miss calls occasionally, but I chalk that up to the fact that the area I miss them in, is not only underground, but in the foothills of mountains. One of the things I have come to realize is that Sprint does a great job of marketing. If you have seen thier website in the recent month, you will know what I mean. They also have some great ads on TV. I think the ones about the 7pm n/w minutes are great. I know that for my needs, the extra hour isn't worth the $5 for me, but for those that have 9pm n/w, it could definitly help.

I have tried both Alltel and Verizon phones in my area, and I know that Sprint happens to be the stongest carrier (one reason being the tower 20 feet above my head in this apartment). :) I am happy with them, and I know there are others like me. You just have to know what you are getting yourself into, and what works the best for you in your area. Trial and Error is the name of the game.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. chefofthefuture

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Hey Larry, you didn't have any capacity issues in Southern California circa 1999? I was down in the Marina/Culver City/Venice/SM area on business that summer and almost never could get a call through on the first try during business hours. I distinctly remember two occasions where it was pointless to keep dialing it was so overloaded: driving down Lincoln through Venice (I was going to be at the place in 5 minutes anyway) and one time when I was taking a Hertz bus in to the airport (by the time I got through, I'd be in line for the airline). That trip and a dropped call while sitting still in my living room with full signal are what ultimately encouraged me to move to Cellular One at that time.

robbepp, where do you live in California? Sprint's service has gotten to be really good around the Bay Area -- in fact, I was on it while driving through Contra Costa County, all the way up to Vacaville and it performed very well. (I guess the PRL put me on Sprint as Extended Network, dunno).

9. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    No I have never experienced any capacity issues with Sprint since I've been a customer. I do remember some weak and dead spots back around 1999 but never had a call not go through because the network was overloaded. In any event the service is much better now especially in those areas you mentioned which I can remember as being weak.

10. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile

Hey, what's wrong about that response?
    All I told him is that if one wireless service doesn't work for him, it's not worth paying for and that he should move on. Not every service works for everyone in places they need it!
    Greetings again,
    Andy

11. sprintcustomer

sprintcustomer New Member

I have had pretty decent cell phone service in the 2.5 years I have had sprint, but that doesn't mean that the customer service is at all helpful. The online chat help service is the worst I have ever experienced. The advisors (always named "Jessica") never know anything. I have been repeatedly cut off by the online chat system for no apparent reason. I have tried to ask questions regarding my phone, plan, and optional services, and have been given answers that are inconsistent with the website. When I questioned the inconsistencies, I got cut off the chat. Of course, once my chat has ended, there is no way to have the transcript emailed to me, or even see it again. It just disappears as if it never happened. Don't even get me started on the email help. Not to mention the time Sprint changed my plan without my permission, then told me there was nothing they could do about it. Oh yeah, and that time they attempted to charge me over $180 for chat messages, when I didn't even have that feature on my phone. Perhaps it is best to go into a sprint store for help, where the people can't run or hide from basic questions.

12. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    This thread is 5 years old.

As a response I would suggest you keep trying with Sprint customer care. You should get somewhere eventually. Sprint has a reputation for providing some of the worst customer service in the business. *2 on your phoneis customer care and you might get lucky and find someone you can understand. Also going into a store is probably a good idea. Sprint is working to fix their customer care issues so good luck in the meantime.

13. CellGeek

CellGeek Sprint is the BOMB!

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I also have not had these experiences. In fact, I have had the opposite experience and had to drop Verion and go to Sprint because Verizon couldn't provide good coverage in Southern Orange County California and Carlsbad California while Sprint provided full signal in this area.