Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Coverage in Southern NJ

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Bubbamil, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Bubbamil

Bubbamil New Member

Hi,

I just got Sprint service for the first time. I live in South Jersey about 10 miles east of Philadelphia. Does anyone have any local experience with Sprint's coverage in this area? I stick mainly to the main roads and larger towns. I do see that Sprint's coverage looks to be spotty in the interior portions of South Jersey.

My wife and I formerly had Cingular and Verizon but she fell in love with the Samsung A460 which unfortunately is a Sprint only phone. I'd hate to think we sacrificed coverage for a trendy phone!

Any thoughts?

Thanks.........

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    According to the maps Sprint seems to have covered all major roads over South Jersey. Those spots you see are remote lonely areas where I believe Cingular lacks coverage too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

sprint's south jerseycoverage is not as good as its northern so you should take advantage of your 14 day trial and take your phone with you and see how it fares......you should be ok like bobolito said it is mostly remote areas that are not covered by cingular either; but be safer rather than sorrier

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't go with Sprint for South Jersey, especially down the shore !

5. ksfhhllp

ksfhhllp New Member

I get really spotty coverage in Gloucester Twp close to Philly. Beware!

6. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

I know people who have Sprint here in the Hammonton area who have been complaining the whole time they've had it that they have to stand outside to use the phone, or way out by the highway,etc. My friends contracts are up next month and they are dumping Sprint [​IMG] and going to Nextel. So far, out of all three services that I have, Nextel has the clearest signal[​IMG] the voices on both ends are loud and clear[​IMG] and it doesn't sound like you're talking from a tuna can. Voicestream tends to break up alot and also Verizon is in and out , and they are both crackly.

7. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    LOL!!, that's true! some Sprint phones sound like you are talking from a tuna can, but that's the phone's fault, not the network. I can give you examples of phones that sound much better on Sprint's network.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Scalici26

Scalici26 Senior Member

Hey Anonymous,
    I was down at the shore a few weeks ago and i was with a friend who had Verizon and he had no signal. I have Sprint and had a full signal.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I have Verizon which has no signal bars (or the signal bar would fluctuate) in many places yet works when you use them.

10. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Interesting because depending on the plan that they had with verizon if there was no verizon signal he would have roamed off of sprint

Jack