Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint coverage in La Crescenta

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by danni, Dec 10, 2001.

1. danni

danni New Member

I live in La Crescenta and have used Sprint for 2 years. The coverage was marginal when I first started; sometimes had to go outside the house to hold the signal. About a year ago the service improved and worked fine even in house. In the last few months the service has degenerated back to where it was 2 years ago. I use a Nokia 6185. Any suggestions? Should I switch phones or carriers?

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Usually a signal can't go from good to bad because once an antenna is up and running it's there to stay and doesn't move to a new location. If they've built any new structures in your area that could possibly interfere. There aren't any capacity problems in the LA area. According to Sprint the Nokia 6185 had trouble working with CDMA technology and was actually recalled. You're problem might be the phone but it's hard to say for sure. Have you updated the PRL or software since you've had it? If you do switch phones I would recommend either the Sanyo 4700 or Kyocera 2255.

Larry