Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint changed my plan

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Jaki, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Jaki

Jaki New Member

On my most recent bill that Sprint sent me, they charged for roaming. I have NEVER had to pay for roaming before.

I found out you have to keep an eye on them. Here's what happened. In October 2008 I added a phone for my Mom. When I did that, they changed my plan. The plan I used to have was Fair & Flexible 700. It had all the works. No roaming, voicemail, caller ID, everything except texting/data. When I added my Mom's phone they changed the plan to Fair & Flexible 700. It didn't look strange. It was the same name. However, when I received my bill, they charged me roaming fees. I contacted them (3 times) and they said that the plan was changed in October. I told them all I wanted to do was add my Mom's phone. They asked me if I would like to go back to the old plan and I said yes. They then told me it was no longer available.

Today I changed my plan to Talk Share Plan and it has no roaming fees on it. I did that because I was tired of arguing with them. My Mom's phone's plan doesn't expire until October 2010 and if I want to terminate I will have to pay $200.00. My husband and I can terminate at any time without a fee.

I'm going to pay the bill, but also include a dispute because I did not agree to change my plan in October 2008.

Just wanted everyone to be aware of what can happen.
    :censored:

2. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Sprint hasn't had any plans that make you pay for roaming since at least 2005, unless you were on a local only calling plan...and based upon your plan name you did not have a local calling plan.

You should demand all credits for any roaming charges, though you might be limited to just a refund of any charges on your most recent bill.

3. Jaki

Jaki New Member

That's the funny thing. They only charged me for roaming on my last bill. Like I said I never had to pay for roaming before.

Actually, if you look at the new Fair and Flexible plan, you have to pay for roaming. It's almost like they've gone backwards instead of forward.

It's not enough to make me leave Sprint yet. But, they are on my short list!:(

4. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Roaming is included in all of the new plans. Like AnthroMatt said, roaming has been included for a few years now.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having so many problems.

I recommend calling the customer service line and go through the menu until you can reach the disconnect service department. There are highly trained reps there that will fix your plan, credit you back roaming (provided it was domestic <in the usa>) and take care of any other concerns you have.

Give that a shot and I'm almost positive they will get everything straightened out for you.

Let us know how that goes.

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    There are no new Fair and Flexible plans. The Fair and Flexable plans have not been offered for about 9 months now.

I am guessing that somehow, when you added your mom, they (for some reason) removed the free roaming code from your plan. It may have been the rep that did this or it may have been the system and therefore the rep never noticed it. But if you were only charged roaming this past month, I suspect it was a one time issue and you should be credited for it, provided your roaming was domestic, as mentioned above.

6. Jaki

Jaki New Member

Thank you! I'll try the suggestions and let you know how it goes.