Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Bait and Switch

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by sprintsucksit, Apr 27, 2010.

1. sprintsucksit

sprintsucksit New Member

So after being with Sprint for 2 years I recently renewed my Sprint contract. They said my service would stay the same, even though I had been given a new device(the 3g/4g Overdrive by Sierra Wireless). for free with a new two year contract. Which eventually they tried to bill me for the device. Which was another nightmare. This device shorted out, and I was not even given a replacement when I brought it to the store..no internet for 5 days waiting for the new one to be shipped in. So after several calls to sprint I am told that 6 days into my new contract they switched my plan. capping my 3g service at 5gigs. Even though when I renewed they specifically told me that my plan and bill would stay the same due to the fact that the market I am in is not 4g capable. I was told I would be grandfathered in a unique retention group. So two nights ago my service is shut off I call Sprint and they tell me I have a bill for 325.00 and they shut off my service. Now they are telling me my old plan is no longer available. I asked the rep from Sprint if he was serious. I said out of Sprints 33 million customers nationwide, that there was no one else on the plan I had. He said he would escalate my call to a supervisor but nothing would change regardless. Sprint is guilty of bait and switch....I have documented all my calls. This is not over. I am very unhappy. I will blog this experiences in full detail to the world on every website and forum I can if Sprint does not resolve this issue WITH WHAT I WAS PROMISED. not there stupid guarantee or free BS policy! The rep. Reuben I talked to said he would cancel my contract and waive all fees. That is not what I wanted. Sprint has inconvenienced my life. Hours upon hours wasted trying to get resolution.

2. The Robot Devil

The Robot Devil Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Do you really think that this will work out in your favor? Like you said... you are only one of 33 million customers. They are not going to change anything for one person. I have been in your shoes dealing with other companies myself and I really sympathize with you. Be thankful that they are willing to cancel your service and waive the ETF's. My advice is not to waste your time blogging about how bad Sprint is because everybody already knows it. You are in a great situation. Sell your Sprint device on eBay and make a few bucks. Go to Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile. Play them against each other to get the best deal possible for yourself and get on with your life.

3. dwl1

dwl1 New Member

To OP...the ONLY plan that will work on the overdrive is the 4G plan...period, no other plan will work. It will look for 4G first if you are in a market where it is live, if not then it will connect 3G. 4G is unlimited, however 3G is and always has been capped (unless it is a corporate account.) So even though you aren't in a 4G market (yet) you still have a 4G device that requires a 4G plan, regardless of what Sprint tells you. The U301 and U300 aircard, although 4G devices, are the only one's that can be put on a 3G only plan as well as a 4G plan. How do I know this? I work for a Sprint BSP and unfortunately deal with this stuff everyday.