Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Axing Customers?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Steve B, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Man you have ESP amazing you took the words right out of my mouth. NOT
    I think you took this way out of perspective. What does the war have to do with anything I said :loony:

2. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    If you actually read what I wrote, I 'assumed' that is what you 'might' have been referring to. I was only guessing. I left myself open to being corrected which by the way you could've done instead of being some smart ___. :loony: The point of the post which you didn't seem to get is that you can't come down on anybody just because you feel a situation is not important to you when its important to other people. What may be important to you may not be important to others and visa versa.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Sprint has a right to terminate anyone's service at any time and for any reason. It's right in the contract. It's unfortunate that people can't just accept that and move on instead of blowing it way out of proportion.

4. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    No body is questioning that. I have even mentioned before that just because they may be shielded (legally) because its right in the contract but, that doesn't mean its good business and it doesn't make it right. People may not be able to do things in the court of law Larry but, that does not mean people can't hurt them in the court of public opinion which is exactly what is happening. If those people hadn't made such a big thing about it NO ONEs' accounts would've been taken off the list. I am sure that is obvious. I also wanted to say that I don't believe its being blow out of proportion.....the military thing is I believe....however, the others I don't believe so. Sprint did such a sloppy job with this and tried to sneak it by and for that there are good customer that were going to pay for that. Anyone else would have to pay the price. Sprint is no exception to that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I think getting rid of those customers will actually help the company more than they're going to be hurt in the public opinion department. This will blow over in another week or two and will eventually be forgotten. But Sprint has permanently gotten rid of over 1000 customers that were for the most part leeching off the company. Sure they might lose a few dozen good customers over this but it's worth it.

6. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Getting rid of leechers is a good thing but, in this case, may or may not help because they ended up booting good people along with it. Sprint has had a bad reputation for a long time. This latest fiasco just solidifies it in the eyes of many people. You can't begin to imagine how many times I heard "Sprint Sucks" from so many different people over the years and this happens and then I begin hearing "See, I told you so". Also, about this latest fiasco and the future is most people will not care about specifics. They will remember Sprint booting customers. If details would be released, I'm sure things would be better, many people will be informed and Sprint would do better. Since there is no details on this policy people have to sit and guess and most people aren't going to want to go with a carrier where they think or have to worry about if they will be getting booted. So on that point Larry, I have to disagree. If Sprint doesn't change its antics on this, it will hurt them more in the long run.

7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Done and Done

8. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I agree Larry & think this subject is getting to the point of :deadhorse with some people who don't want to accept these facts.

9. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

I've already seen evidence that this subject is starting to lose it's bandwagon now. The discussions on it are dying way down today as compared to a couple of days ago and more and more people on the forums are starting to take Sprint's side on this. I think when it comes down to it most Sprint customers want Sprint to do something to make customer service better and this is a key first step in doing that. Even if it means offending a few customers.

10. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The facts aren't entirely correct either. I'm sticking up for the little guy on this. I'm sticking up for the people who didn't deserve those letters. The fact people keep lumping all those customers as ALL scam artists is just wrong. I'm not denying a majority of them were. Its just that there are "some people" who seem to ignore the fact that Sprint screwed up but, its okay because "some people" would benefit. That is just wrong. Like I said before, I agree with what they wanted to do but, how they did it is just wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.