Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Axing Customers?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Steve B, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    We do have the facts. MissDiva doesn't deny she's been calling which is what Sprint accuses her of. MissDiva points out its billing issues and shows stuff that proves that. We can sit here and make that judgement call, we have enough information to do that. Also, she was supposed to get her call back from ES, it never came...she had to call again. That tells you a lot. Sprint is in damage control right now because they screwed up and they know it. Its not just MissDiva and a couple others, there are the ones with letters that don't come to these forums too. There are all the people who wonder if they will get the letter too because maybe they called just 1 call too many for whatever reason. This idea to save money was poorly thought out and implemented which is causing good customers to get that letter with Sprint telling them 'oh well'. So everyone/anyone has a right to help MissDiva in this situation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #91 Steve B, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  2. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Ok-Ok

Im done.

Missdiva if you were targeted in error...Good luck.

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I'm pretty much ready to call it quits here as well so looks like I'm done unless some type of new information surfaces.

4. MissDiva

MissDiva New Member

My Phone:
    755p (For now!)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In limbo!
    Thanks for everyone's comments. I too agree that done correctly, to the people who deserve it (hundreds a month is insane, non service issues is insane, 100% agree) it CAN BE a good thing. A discussion, warning, "account review" or similar type of action may have been a better way around this. If someone had fixed my errors during call # 1, there would have been no need for call #2.

I know its only a small amount of people, and I'm not saying Sprint is bad. What they did, to people that don't deserve it, is bad. I have emails admitting their mistakes in detail and promising to fix things - then the bills are still wrong after that. The dates and numbers are the proof. (I know no one see that here - but that's all I was asking them to do, look at the #'s, notes, emails and they'll see the vast majority of calls were due to the errors I was trying to get fixed)

My plan was a good plan, by no means not the lowest, and I received 1 "perk" every two years in exchange for a contract signing. I think that's pretty reasonable. I never asked for a penny more (or less :). They didn't hold up their end when they started messing the bill up, and they didn't fix it - ever.

The last thing I want to do is sit on the phone with Sprint. I had 8 years, (mostly) happy w/ great phones and a great plan. I wouldn't have left. I still think the service is great. 90% of the reps were wonderful (even if they didn't fix the problem, they were extremely nice and personable)

So to get this letter, after all this time/on time payment/recruiting friends/going through the billing errors and still staying -- is frustrating to say the least. The "memos" going around say these customers "cannot have billing errors" which is just not true in my case and the bills/calls/emails prove that. I got my last bill yesterday - and it was still wrong. I also never got a call back from Forsee's office, as they promised.

However, the military aspect is what really bugs me. Hopefully that wil get straightened out.

Anyway, I apologize for being redundant. I hope no one else unfairly gets booted.

And - I will absolutely continue to visit WA :)

5. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I think if Sprint can accurately choose the real problem customers and get rid of them it will be good for everyone else. Without those problematic cutomers I'm sure customer service wait times will decrease and Sprint will be able to do their job better. But I think they should base it on more about why those customers were calling all the time rather than just the number of times. If someone'e repeatedly calling Sprint trying to get a new phone all the time then I think it's justifiable to get rid of them. But not over a simple billing issue that could easily be corrected but for some reason never is.

6. MissDiva

MissDiva New Member

My Phone:
    755p (For now!)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In limbo!
    Exactly. :)

I'll update if anything happens. (My guess is no, except that I'll be porting soon!)

7. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    We agree. =)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Can you tell me where you are porting to?

9. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I hope things do work out for everyone effected by this. Hopefully if there is a new wave of these letters being sent out maybe a warning could be placed??

10. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Fox news just ran this story about the cancellation.

11. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Wirelessly posted (crackberry 8703e: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Well if it was on Fox News it can't possibly be true!

;-)

12. Fathead

Fathead In the Industry

As someone who has actually taken calls for Sprint in the past (and know plenty of people still in a call center), if these people are who I think they are, then they not only deserve to have their cell service cancelled, they probably need to have massive amounts of professional counseling (I'm thinking about you Ricky! I will not credit your account just like the last 26 people wouldn't credit your account just because the number you are trying to call is disconnected).

13. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Glad to see someone with personal customer care experience give their opinion on this.

14. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    First of all, HI MISS DIVA! I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you. It may be a blessing in disguise though. :D I'm just as curious as you are, what company are you porting to? Also, my friend is a CSR for payments for Sprint. Lets just say she's always getting cursed at almost every other call..

15. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS - happily holding crystal clear calls!
    Update

UPDATE

To let everyone know MissDiva got her account reinstated. When you get the letter and call up ES, you can ask them to review your account, and if they find you calling for legit reasons they will reinstate your account.

Also coming back from vacation I got this letter! Read the header, and threw it away - from there I knew what to do; since I had been one of the first to help MissDiva with hers. But whats wierd I have only been a customer for 30 days. I called and ES said it was a mistake. Because I had activated while the audit was going on, and then was in the process of porting my number so thats why I got stuck with the audit group. I was apologized to profusely.

I just have to laugh! A 'mistake' audit - come on guys!

I plan on staying though - I love the quality of their network in my area; and my plan!

16. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    Re: Update

After this issue, I personally would have left. I would have taken the "get out of jail free card".

17. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410

This was just on my local news last night, the news reported that customers that called CS "too much" were being let go. Somehow I do not think this is good customer service. I think they should have started by sending letters offering these customers the opportunity to leave without paying the ETF first, getting rid of the truly unhappy customers. Then they could re-evaluate the remaining customers, and far less would have been "forced" out.

-Jay

18. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Then there's people like me. I call Cingular all the time and let them know if a tower is down, or there are other network issues that should be addressed. When I call I am usually helping them maintain a quality network. I'd hate to see any Sprint customers like me being dropped.

-Jay

19. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Sprint Nextel Defends Decision to Terminate Customers Who Call Customer Service Too Much

Sprint Nextel Corp. isn't apologizing for its decision to ax customers it determined were calling customer service too often.

The nation's third-largest wireless provider sent letters to about 1,000 subscribers June 29, saying the company's records showed they had made frequent calls for help with questions about billing and other account information.

"While we have worked to resolve your issues and questions to the best of our ability, the number of inquiries you have made to us during this time had led us to determine that we are unable to meet your current wireless needs," the letters said.

The customers were told their service agreements were being terminated, they wouldn't owe anything on their final bill, and the company would waive early termination fees. They also were told to switch to another wireless provider by July 30 if they want to keep their phone number.

In debate on the Internet, Sprint's move has attracted criticism that the company is penalizing consumers for trying to get what they paid for, or that the frequent calls are more a reflection of poor customer service by Sprint itself.

But Sprint officials said Monday this isn't a case of someone being flagged by a computer program, and that an internal review lasting six months to a year focused on the types of problems the callers had and what information they were seeking.

"These accounts have been researched very carefully," Sprint spokeswoman Roni Singleton said. "We feel strongly that the decisions we made, we stand by them. These decisions weren't made lightly."

Singleton said the targeted subscribers each made an average of 40 to 50 calls a month to customer service. She wouldn't say how that compared with the overall number of calls logged by the customer service department in a given month.

Singleton said the review also found that the subscribers often were calling about the same problems over and over after Sprint officials felt they had resolved the issue. She said some callers were repeatedly asking for information from other customers' accounts, which customer service workers aren't allowed to divulge.

"If the average person is calling less than once per month and these people are calling 40 or 50 times more, that takes away from customer service," Singleton said. "Our priority is to improve the customer experience."

Officials at competitors AT&T Wireless and Verizon Wireless said that while they may terminate customers who are abusive toward customer service operators or violate other terms of their service agreements, they don't terminate customers because of customer service calls.

"We have never severed ties with customers in a mass mailing like this," said Verizon spokeswoman Cheryl Bini Armbrecht.

CIBC World Markets analyst Tim Horan said in a research note to investors that he didn't see anything alarming with Sprint's decision.

"Sprint has taken a number of steps to improve the 'quality' of its customer base and we view this measure in the same light," Horan wrote.

Sprint, which has about 54 million subscribers, has been trying to upgrade its customer base, tightening credit requirements and attempting to attract customers who will spend more each month on data services, such as Internet browsing, music downloads and streaming video.

During the most recent quarter, the company said it gained just 600,000 new customers, while AT&T and Verizon gained 1.2 million and 1.7 million, respectively.

Earlier this month, Sprint unveiled a new marketing campaign aimed at highlighting its network speed and capabilities, an attempt to distance itself from earlier marketing campaigns that were criticized as unfocused and confusing.

Sprint Nextel defends cutting customers

20. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I agree since who knows what's going to happen down the road with them & you as a customer, they may do this again.

Sometimes saving a few bucks isn't worth headaches like this, no matter what extra's you can do with the phone/service.

21. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Why is this news? 1000 customers out of 54 million? What's that gotta be? Less than 0.001 percent? This won't even show up on as a blip on the montly churn reports.

Personally, I think ALL the carriers should continually weed out the "Bad" customers.

22. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That's what I've been trying to say all along. But yet this story managed to get national headlines on all of the news channels.

23. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well this just goes to show you that the important things going on in the world dont matter anymore.

Larry just an out of the blue question but lets say you got a letter like this from Sprint. For some reason you could not get reinstated would you change your mind frame about Sprint?? Sorry just wondering you know??

24. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA

I'm sure Fox News would love your story! :D

25. MissDiva

MissDiva New Member

My Phone:
    755p (For now!)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In limbo!

LOL :)

26. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I think I've called Sprint customer care one time in 2007 and sent one e-mail to ecare. I hardly think I'm in danger. So I can't really say because I would never be in that situation.

27. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well I know your once in a year story but tell me if this did happen??

28. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Well if it happened and it was a mistake I would try to get re-instated like MissDiva and the other I suppose.

29. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Its news because people like to see the "big bad guy" as it were "fall". Its news because people have a right to know what the company is doing to customers especially when Sprint tried to slide this through behind closed doors (not releasing it to the public beforehand). Its news because if no one spoke up about this...we all know too well Sprint would've just sat on the ___ and not reinstated anyones' account such as MissDiva's account. Its news because Sprint is doing something I believe to be a on a larger scale than any other carrier also doing it the same time when a lot of peoples' views of Sprint are low. Its also news because its Sprint that messed up again......which is kind of ironic because Sprint messing up is nothing new. As I mentioned before and I will say it again. I agree with Sprint's idea in principle but, it was poorly timed and poorly implemented and now they're paying the price for their mistake.

30. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Important things in the world do matter. A lot of people will want to choose fights they know they can win. People will choose fights when they know they can be actively apart of and not have to wait to see any kind of resolution. I am "assuming" you were referencing the war. Some support it and some don't. The people who don't have a chance to make their voices heard. They have a chance every four years to try and change the path if they believe it to be wrong. Where one man would see this as asinine another man might see it as something profound. You really can't come down on anybody for thinking this to be an important issue just because you don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.