Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Axing Customers?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Steve B, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

You have to think about---Calling in 100 times a month or 300, what kinda life does these customer have that they can sit on the phone that long......I agree most of these people (Not saying missdiva) are trying to game the system with credits and discounts they shouldn't have in the 1st place......

I have a sweet retention deal as well, but I unlike other's know when to quit...You cant say it doesnt happen you see it on here and other boards everyday....I couldnt believe one post that asked "Can I get unlimited incoming with SERO"....My jaw dropped, and I must say this is in away Sprint fault because they spoil people with these perks (Some of them had no intensions on leaving, they just want what everyone else has)....And now Sprint is getting rid of them (Again not pointing this to missdiva).....

But you cant sit and say this 100% Sprint's part.....People have to proclaim some self-responsiblity in this as well even if its only 30% their fault.....

And even with 10 transfer's and 10 hangs-up that still doesnt add up to 300 calls to CS a month.....That's INSANE I cant put it anyother way, and their cant be a billing problem that is that complicated to fix requiring that many calls a month, I just cant believe it.

2. MissDiva

MissDiva New Member

My Phone:
    755p (For now!)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In limbo!
    Hundreds in a month is insane, I don't even think that's possible. Like I've said before, there ARE people who deserve to be booted and who are unreasonable/rude etc. Not everyone lumped into the same "call number" group is the same though.

Remember, one call is not one call in their book - it could easily become 15 w/ the transfers etc etc. Just calling after I got the letter took about 25 "actions" !

90 "actions" in 6 months is not that much when you have an ongoing problem, other regular questions/swaps/etc and deal with some of the less educated CS people.

3. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You are looking at the wrong part. You bring the 300 number....that is the most extreme of cases which isn't the normal amount of calls they will cancel you for. A person posted that a Sprint rep said that 15 calls in month (remember, that includes, disconnects, transfers, etc) will get you on the list of cancellation. There lies the problem. So yes, I can sit here and blame Sprint for this poorly thought out idea.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

From what I read in the notice....It was strictly targeted for those calling anywhere between 100 and 300 calls a month to CS....

If 15 calls was the limit for a month....Alot more then 1000 people would have gotten the notices. Try more like 10K

5. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    To me if I had to call CS this much, then they are not worth having as a carrier, If I called CS 3-4 times with an issue (or less) last year that was a lot.
    This year due to a problem with my old Blue account registering SMS that were included in my plan, did cause me to call 3 times so far this year, unless something happens with my migration, I don't have any need or desire to call them again this year.

What I am saying is, if you were having this many issues with them & their CS, I give you credit for staying with them so long, I would have told them "Lemon Law" and said good bye a long time ago.

6. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The article that mentions those numbers indicate that those were extreme cases but, later in the same article it seems to be indicated that approx. 100 is the magic number or something, so honestly, it seems hard to say.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Why in their right mind would anybody have to call ANY CS 100 times per month? That is CS for just ONE company. I don't get it. Do people seriously not have antyhing better to do with their lives?

8. MissDiva

MissDiva New Member

My Phone:
    755p (For now!)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In limbo!
    It's 90 "calls in 6 months. Including transfers, being hung up on, being disconnected, having to call a different number. For ex, if you call and need tech support, that's AUTOMATICALLY a minimum of two calls, even though you dialed once. (You give both people your name and phone # and they log it in)

9. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I also saw the 90 day thing. They also said "also if they average more than 15 a month". How often do they check then. I posted the question over at SU also.

10. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    So if you send an email to them does this count???

11. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    lol you better watch out. if it does count you will be sprint axed next ;)

12. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeah i know

Attached Files:

13. dalbrich

dalbrich Junior Member

First off on cancellation: If they credit you your current bill, and waive early termination, and allow you to port without penalty that's about as generous as they can be. What stings about being canceled? Is it the case that one has such a good deal that no one else can match it? If so, this is a akin to a landlord raising rent after several years of charging under market rate. It sucks when it happens to you, but it is within their rights.

Calling CS too much: This is the part of this issue that really sucks rocks. I have a SERO plan (which is a sweet deal) and I helped my brother get two SERO plans (one for he and his wife). Both in my and in his case, the plan came with optional add ons (6pm nights etc.) which we did not order, and did not desire. We waited on hold more than three hours (and no, I am not exaggerating) and gave up, and called back several times just to reach customer service. We were able to correct the problems.

My own experience with Sprint's customer service has been horrible and repeatedly so. In my case, this means I sincerely try to avoid calling them, and only call for a billing error. Anyway, if I had any faith that their customer service was even reasonable, I'd be less concerned about this recent action.

Let's stick to the facts. If you want to cancel someone for abuse, then let's call it what it is. State the specific reason. If Sprint has some evidence on MissDiva that she has done some abuse, they should share that with her and not _____ foot around.

Simply calling customer service should not be grounds for termination. There are many normal things that can happen that cause one to need to call customer service (and possibly repeatedly) to get the issue resolved.

-Dan

14. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

I agree with you and apparently Sprint does too. If you have that much trouble and are calling in that many times then by all means leave and find another carrier that can fit your needs better.

15. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    According to the latest WSJ article it's actually 25 calls a month on average. That would add up to 150 calls over 6 months. Also it appears that it wasn't just about the number of calls they were making. It was also the type of issues involved.

When they cancel 1,200 customers I'm sure there will be a few mistakes in there somewhere. So it's quite possible that your cancellation wasn't very justifed.

#75 larry, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  16. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Here's a little more detail from an official Sprint bulletin:

On June 25, 2007, Sprint mailed contract termination letters to approximately 1,200 customers, representing fewer than one out of every 40,000 customers.
    • This action was necessary after we determined that a small percentage of our customers were calling Care, in some cases, hundreds of times a month, even after we explained to them that we would not be able to resolve their issues.
    In many cases, callers had issues that were not related to their Sprint service, or were requesting actions on their account that were not permissible under Sprint policies. These customers were informed at each request that Sprint could not take the action they were requesting. • This will not be a large-scale cancellation and will have no impact on the overwhelming majority of Sprint Nextel customers.
    • Sprint is giving these customers 30 days from the date of the letter to transfer their cell number to another carrier of their choice, and we have agreed to waive their final balance and early termination fees.
    • While we have worked hard and will always work hard to resolve customer issues and questions to the best of our ability, rather than continue to operate in a situation that was unsatisfactory for Sprint and our subscribers, we chose to terminate our relationship with these particular customers to allow them to pursue other options.

17. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    No offense Larry but, that bulletin just smells of Sprint just trying to cover their ___. "After being told they could not resolve their issues." What they can't resolve their own billing issues and axe the customer because the customer is actively trying to get Sprint to fix their billing problems? I can understand this being geared towards people who call constantly about getting perks of some kind. By Sprints own admission they are "looking at numbers" not looking at the issues, otherwise a Sprint dealer wouldn't have gotten the letter and the others screaming bloody murder because the vast majority of the calls were for billing problems which everyone and their mom knows Sprint has....frequently. Also, to quit counting the transfers/call disconnects as new calls. If they are just wanting to give customers a way out, they would've just released the contract hold and not fire the customer by giving them 30 days. You give 30 day notice when the person you're giving the notice to has supposedly done something wrong. If you are just trying to be nice....you don't fire them. Again, its just Sprint trying to cover their ___ because they know they screwed up.....again and they're in damage control mode now.

Also, the line about customers calling in about issues not related to their Sprint service is crap too. Why in the hell would anyone call Sprint because their TV wasn't working or because their mail was late,etc. This bulletin is a bunch of bull.

18. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Of course Sprint will try to slant this in their favor but I'm not so sure that at least some of those customers didn't deserve what they got.

19. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I completely agree with you there. 100%. No one (at least I haven't seen anyone) is saying that absolutely nobody deserves these but, the whole crap storm going around is in defense of the people who really don't deserve these letters. If Sprint really wants to implement this kind of f'up policy then they really need to stop it, refine it....big time. They aren't going by the situation, just numbers. To me, the ideal situation would be stop this policy all together. Stop giving out the perks or at least stop giving them so freely and make it perfectly clear whats up and tell the CSRs to put their foot down and make sure only people who truly should get a little help such as an early discount on a phone, etc, get it. Fix the Customer Service department by getting rid of the morons who don't know what the Mogul is, don't know what the iPhone is and don't know what they're doing and get people that work in CS that speak understandable English.

20. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    They are working on bringing the customer care back to the US and are working on a whole new billing system right now. That also explains why there's been an extra long hold times lately.

21. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well, I would definitely like to see them bring support back to the US.

22. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    I don't know how much of it is "crap" as you put it. Just this past month I was incorrectly billed. It took one call and zero transfers to fix it and credit my account nearly $50. I didn't demand anything. I didn't ask to speak to someone ele to get me a credit for my inconvenience above and beyond the credit for the improper billing. One call, and done. I have almost no doubt that the vast majority of the people that are calling in are the types we see often on these forums...if they don't get someone willing to give in to their ridiculous demands, they hang up and call back again later.

The line about customers calling in about non-service issues probably is not crap either. Does Sprint mean people are calling about their tv? Of course not. It does probably mean people are calling because they don't like their phone anymore and want to try to get a new one somehow. That isn't a service related issue, yet I bet Sprint gets calls like that all the time.

The fact of the matter is, billing issues or not, it shouldn't take that many phone calls to get it fixed unless the person doing the calling is demanding something unreasonable.

Of the just over 1,000 people that got this letter, will a handful probably be unjustifiable terminated? Yes. But they are still calling into CS a lot, they are being given a zero balance, no ETF, and they can keep their phones. So moving to some other carrier and selling their phones to help them buy a new one with someone else doesn't seem like such a bad deal.

Sorta funny that I am defending Sprint right now...part of me wishes I would have received the letter!

23. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The person who pretty much started this crap storm that Sprint has on their hands now has even provided copies of various emails showing the billing problems. I am glad your experience has been a less problematic one. However, from my own experience with Sprint in the past (02/03) and listening and seeing while in a Sprint store, Sprint is notorious for billing mistakes and given that they are trying to merge billing systems, billing errors are to be expected. I don't doubt that some of those people getting the letters are high callers because they want constant freebies such as free n&w at 6pm or something. Because of my experiences I am believing the consumer on this. Sprint is also notoriously known for making bad/stupid business decisions....such as trying to charge $3 to speak to a CSR back in 02/03. You're right, it shouldn't take that many times to get issues resolved. However, there are times when it does and there's no way around it and the fact Sprint is trying to please the customers that happen to not have problems by axing the customers who do have issues and not dealing with them properly and/or in a timely manner is just wrong. Like I mentioned before, getting CSRs who speak understandable English would got A LONG WAY to fixing some of their issues.

Hey Matt, if you want out of your contract, force your phone to roam constantly or just call into CS a few hundred times. That is the other problem with this messed up policy. By doing this, Sprint has effectively given all the customers who want to leave a way out.....tsk tsk tsk.

24. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    I can't force roam...not possible on a BlackBerry. :) But I wish I could so I wouldn't have such unreliable service at home.

I don't really want out of my contract, but I wouldn't be broken-hearted to leave.

I have had many issues as well, and I don't think it has ever taken more than three calls to get them fixed. It's 2 (or 3) more than I should have to make, but it is not 25.

The person that started this may have been part of the handful I said would be wrongly caught in the "roundup" but I would tend to think that if people do need to call into CS that often they are trying to work the system/problematic customers or they should be happy to be gone and not have to deal with Sprint any more.

25. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I can see where you're coming from on that too. I guess it depends on how you want yourself to look at it. My service is fine too. When I first signed up a year ago, there was some issues, my new phone was misbehaving and the ear piece speaker sounded horrible. So I exchanged it. Everything was fine for the longest time. I called in just a couple or so times throughout the year until recently when my phone really started tweaking out. My reception wasn't as good at home anymore, it kept shutting off and the thing is, I take good care of my phones so I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I did call CS quite a bit over the last couple of weeks trying to get some straight help/answers. Then I was just livid at Sprint but also at my phone. I always seemed to get the outsourced rep who I could barely understand and if I did the vast majority of what I said, she couldn't understand. I got disconnected on many occasions, mainly from my phone turning off and some from bad transfers or system glitch on their end, I don't know. Sprint even sent me to a Sprint store assuring me I could get a warranty replacement even though I don't have the TEP (I feel its a waste of money). I go down there in my hoopdy of a car thats falling apart on a very hot day only to be told it won't happen. So that means more calls into CS to figure out what is wrong and get it resolved. Things are fine now but, geez, LOL I shouldn't have to go through that. This time around with Sprint, I haven't had any billing issues (knock on wood). So since my phone issue is fixed. I don't forsee any reason to call it at this time and for the forseeable future.

26. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Yes I know there are many trying to work the system and are problematic. I have personally known a few people on the forums who I've communicated with who were problematic and always looking for something else (ie, new phones, another discount, a better retention deal, etc)

27. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Same with me. I have a pretty good deal (non-retention or SERO) myself but it's no where near as good as many on the forums have. I was happy with what I got and never tried to keep calling back looking for more and more even though I know I could have easily gotten free 6PM N&W, FIMF, etc. I also have never tried to get a free phone and have pretty much paid full retail for all of my phones since 1997 (with the exception of a couple of $150 upgrade rebates).

28. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Last I'm going to say is---

-For the Price I pay
    -For excellent services I get
    -For the stock that I have in S
    -For the amount of people that I have referred to Sprint

I'm not going to sit here and b----, complain and 2nd guess Sprint on something that doesnt effect me...Sprint has been good to me.

29. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    That's your choice but, me and others are trying to help stick up for people who didn't deserve this letter.

30. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

And how do you know for a fact that they didnt deserve those letters....You cant fight for something when you dont have all facts....All you basically have is a "He said, she said" situation....

So little were I see your "Fighting" will get anyone, This is really between Missdiva/Others and Sprint, since they are the only ones that know the true facts of what has taken place...Missdiva tells us one thing and Sprint is saying its something else, who's to say which one is factul truth....Now could missdiva been targeted in error sure, but without seeing the account and having all facts....we cant sit here and make that judgement call...all you can do is wish her the best at fighting this, and getting it corrected if she was targeted in error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.