Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Axing Customers?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Steve B, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Welcome to WA MissDiva! But would you have joined WA if this letter incident hadn't happened and this thread been posted? ;) Hope you get your situation resolved. My guess is they will end up letting you come back with your plan because they won't want all of this negative publicity online. But do you really want to remain a Sprint customer after this?

PS. Did I once sell you a Samsung A500 a few years back? Or maybe it was someone else.

2. MissDiva

MissDiva New Member

My Phone:
    755p (For now!)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In limbo!
    Hi, and thanks!

To be honest, I don't know - at some point I'm sure I would have ventured out and registered/started posting on other sprint/wireless sites. Along the way I've posted a few times here and there different places and read some, but am (embarassingly) overwhelmed at ths tons of boards, sites, pages, etc and I tend to stick to one place :)

SU has been great to me. I trust a lot of the members and hope i've given back some of that. It's important to build that trust and familiarity (especially when trading/buying/selling) so sticking to one place,for me, was a way to do that. I know here and a bunch of other sites are filled w/ great people and advice and hopefilly this fiasco will actually be a push for me to get active on some of them :)

It wasn't me with the a500, but I did have that phone forever ago and remember loving it! It was the first sleek/smooth one I had :)

3. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Glad you like SU but to me that place sucks now. It's only a shell of it's former self. The newer ownership has run that place into the ground. Most of their original regulars left after Lee took over and the place never had that same atmosphere that it did in the beginning years. But of course HOFO isn't much better.

4. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I agree with you, I don't care for the sprintusers.com forums much anymore either. Some of the people on their can be so rude and hostile and the atmosphere sometimes on it isn't pleasant. I rarely visit SU anymore and I haven't posted in quite some time.

5. MissDiva

MissDiva New Member

My Phone:
    755p (For now!)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In limbo!
    There are definitely some less than desirable people on every board and not all changes are good for everyone. I find that happens a lot as sites get huge.

I miss some of those old timers as well :) The handful of people I've gotten to know are great though, and so unbelievably helpful. It's pretty easy to ignore what doesn't work for you and focus on what does.

I'm definitely going to branch out now, I've been inspired! Who knows, I may be an AT&T customer as of July 1st - haha!

I'm going to update my profile, its too plain LOL!

6. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Are you going to get an iPhone? ;)

7. MissDiva

MissDiva New Member

My Phone:
    755p (For now!)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In limbo!
    I'm not feeling them. I am in love w/ that Arctic white T680 (I have a 755p now and absolutely love it) I guess I may try one out down the line, but if I have to switch I'll definitely be going w/ the 680 to start.

8. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Hey MissDiva, I see you found your way to WirelessAdvisor....welcome.:hi:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. MissDiva

MissDiva New Member

My Phone:
    755p (For now!)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In limbo!
    Hi! Happy to be here :) What a week this has been. I just want this whole thing to be over!

10. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I agree. What has happened has gotten a lot of people all up in arms partly because they/we don't know what exactly is going on and that makes it worse. I just wish Sprint would clarify on what exactly its doing, procedures, etc so anybody with issues can take it from there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS - happily holding crystal clear calls!
    Hey MissDiva! Its me PCSuser from BuzzAboutWireless and SprintUsers.com - I would have to say that you will probably get the most help/support out of SU, BAW, and WA!

So welcome to WA, and I am continually researching your issue, and trying to be as much of a help as I can.

Best Regards,
    PCSuser

12. T Sizzles

T Sizzles Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G 8GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    It's Sprint's problem that they have to call CS so much......
    But whatever. I'm sure AT&T, Alltel, Verizon or T-Mo will be glad to service them now :)

13. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yep I agree. I don't know how many times I've seen people rudely being told to use the search function when posting something.

14. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well the consumerist website posted a thing about it. A person posted a comment noticing that in the termination letters that Sprint says in short; we are terminating your account because you call Customer Care too much then at the end of the letter tells them to call Customer Care if you have any issues. LMFAO

15. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Haha, seriously...what a joke! :rotfl:

16. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

I just wish we knew the whole story here....

Missdiva- welcome to WA by the way....

Its impossible for Missdiva to give us both sides because Sprint wont tell her the reasoning for there action, only to say we dont think we can satisfy you needs....doesnt give much explanation.....but it has to go deeper then "you call us too much"...even missdiva would agree with that.

17. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    True but, Sprint is pretty much saying that what is said in the letter is their side of the story and that they're sticking to it.

18. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Oh well guess we'll never know.

19. MissDiva

MissDiva New Member

My Phone:
    755p (For now!)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In limbo!
    I don't think its as much of a mystery as it is them not doing the correct "investigation" work. No one is saying there weren't a lot of calls or roaming, in that guys case. But the content is crucial. Calls to fix mistakes are not the same as calls to complain/beg/be greedy/rude.
    There are some people who deserve a warning and possible termination after that if the activity continues. But these letters, in this way, to these types of customers is just flat out wrong.

If you guys want some more background info, read this: (sorry I haven't been quick to folllow up, the amount of press etc this has gotten in 2 days has been overwhelming)

Customer Service - Buzz About Wireless

(Link is to the sprint message boards)

I still have not gotten a call back.

Thanks for your support and time everyone.

20. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    I support you MissDiva.

If its any indication of why Sprint's hold times are soooo long, its probably due to very poor planning by Customer Service managment and their inability to properly equip their reps to fix issues the first time around.

I don't agree with those arrogant jerks who blame the customer for being unable to get things fixed with Sprint's CS. I've dealt with it myself and I know firsthand how hard it is to make any headway with those incapable of doing their jobs.

Sprint wants to offer cheap plans and they do that by offering low class Customer Service. It's a trade off.

Please let us know how things get resolved.

Here's the thread I happened to read after doing a google search on the topic. A lot of arrogance in this thread from HowardForums.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Got a letter from Sprint... They're cancelling my service???

21. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA

No way. That's too funny SB. What's up with Sprint? It's like they're dragging themselves in the mud right now.

I thought this late in the game they'd try to dig themselves out of that terrible CS reputation?

I realize its not their intention to have their letterhead memos made public, but that's the nature of the Sprint customer, right? Aren't Sprint customers, moreso than the others, online junkies? Don't they cater to this customer by offering cheap SERO plans and data connections?

I say never burn a Sprint User. It'll be on Youtube within 5 minutes. :)

22. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I have no idea. I am going back and forth with some person on phonescoop because they aren't realizing that whether in the court of law, what Sprint is doing is ok because of the signed contract, it still is wrong as a matter of principle, its bad business.

23. MissDiva

MissDiva New Member

My Phone:
    755p (For now!)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In limbo!
    Thanks.

Sorry, but if they're going to

Send me a letter like that w/ no warning
    Give me 30 days to get out (after 8 years of on time payments & no issues)
    After offering me a deal/perks to sign 4 two year contracs
    Then mess everything up so that offer changes
    But make me hold up my end of the agreement even though they arent
    & blame me for calling to fix their mistakes & actually g hat I was offered

I'm going to post that letter any where I d-mn please :)

24. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You go girl. HAHA.

25. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    So you're saying the customer is always right regardless of the circumstances? I certainly think sending out letters of termination is odd and unexpected but I do know that certain customers abuse the system Sprint has in place so I'm not ready to say Sprint was entirely wrong here without knowing all of the facts from both sides. And that's not going to happen. As I've said before customer service is not an issue to me and has never been. I don't experience billing errors or long wait times but then again I'm not always calling in and looking for better deals and perks and doing numerous phone swaps. The more you call in and change your plan, phone, etc. the better chance that something will go wrong. I just don't have the need to call customer service on a regular basis like many people apparently do. The people who have gamed the system and who have the sweetest deals are the first to have a fit when something doesn't go their way even though they're on the cheapest plan imaginable. I've seen it many times.

26. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    The customer is not always right.... But I'd caution watering down someone's complaint in the name of Sprint's defense.

The issues we face are between the consumer and Sprint. From Sprint's track record of customer service and my own recent experience with them, I'm sort of leaning on the consumer's side.

It's like Michael Jackson. How many times must he be accused of molesting little boys before we start to wonder: Is he really doing it?

27. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    But Sprint is paying ETF's and account balances to cut ties with these customers. Why would they do they do that for no good reason? Also there haven't been a whole of these cases. There happens to be many Sprint users online so the odds were good that we would see a couple cases show up like this. But the percentage is VERY small.

28. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Sprint Nextel boots unhappy customers

Sprint Nextel Corp. is cutting loose subscribers who eat up its customer service resources, despite several quarters of struggling to hold onto users.

However, the carrier is adamant that “the vast majority of our customer base is not affected” and that only a “very small percentage” of subscribers with apparently irresolvable service issues were involved, according to Sprint Nextel spokeswoman Roni Singleton.

According to a letter received and posted by a subscriber on SprintUsers.com, the company explained that during the past year, the customer had made frequent calls related to billing and other account information.

“While we have worked to resolve your issues and questions to the best of our ability, the number of inquiries you have made to us during this time has led us to determine that we are unable to meet your current wireless needs,” the letter read, and went on to say that the company would terminate her service contract as of July 30. No early termination fee would be charged, and the customer’s account received a credit that brought it to a zero balance, Sprint Nextel said—although the subscriber, who told fellow Netizens that she had been a customer with the carrier for seven years, said she already had a zero account balance.

The Sprint Nextel user who posted her letter claimed that she had averaged two customer service calls per month since January and fewer prior to that, and that the calls were due to errors in the carrier’s billing that she was trying to resolve. She had been quite happy with her plan, she explained, which had been built up with a series of valuable perks as she re-signed contracts with the carrier over the years. “Wouldn't it be better for them to stop making errors, rather than making them, then booting paying customers for calling to fix the errors?” she added.

Singleton said that the decision to cancel some subscribers came after long deliberation and an audit of Sprint Nextel accounts.

“When we reviewed the accounts, we saw that this very small percentage had issues that they had felt Sprint could not resolve,” Singleton said. Such customers, she said, had “repeatedly called in an excessive amount of times, over an extended period of time—six months and in some cases, even a year. We were not able to resolve their situations in a way that was satisfactory to them, despite our best efforts.”

Some of the extreme situations involved “hundreds” of calls per month, Singleton said, and if the carrier couldn’t resolve the issues, then it needed to terminate the service relationship in order to maintain customer care standards for its other customers. She estimated that around 1,000 customers were affected.

“We really are striving to provide excellent customer service,” Singleton said. “We have set some targets for prompt call response and we’re monitoring very closely situations where customers have to call multiple times to resolve issues, because we want to be able to provide all of our clients with excellent customer service. We’ve got to make sure that if it comes to a point where someone is calling 100 times a month or 300 times per month, for an extended period of time … that indicates even through our best effort we weren’t resolving it, and it takes away from the care that we are able to provide our other 53 million customers, and it’s really best to terminate the relationship.”

The carrier lost 220,000 postpaid subscribers during the first quarter and made several advertising and leadership changes in recent weeks, with an emphasis on improving the customer experience as well as leadership changes pertaining to corporate strategy and new product development.

Sprint Nextel boots unhappy customers :: RCR Wireless News

29. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It looks to me like Sprint is pulling the plug on the 1000 or so customers who call in the most in order to make customer service wait times less for their other more satisfied customers who only call on occasion. Is this a good or bad move? Well that's hard to say but it's impossible to please everyone. You hear all these complaints about the long wait times but then when Sprint tries to do something about it they get all this criticism and negative publicity.

30. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well, it was a poorly laid out plan/idea to begin with. They should've thought this through a bit more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.