Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Axing Customers?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Steve B, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    It appears that Sprint has begun axing certain customers. The scary thing is that if what these customers say is true then Sprint is really shooting themselves in the head along with the foot. Over at Sprint Users a forum goer named MissDiva had received a letter stating along the lines of that because of "excessive" calls to Customer Care in regards to billing issues or other general account information that they have determined that they (Sprint) cannot meet her wireless needs and after careful consideration, they are terminating her account as of July 30, 2007. According to MissDiva, she has been a good paying customer for 7/8 years and that any time she has called CS is to fix mistakes that Sprint made or contract renewals, etc. She even posted a copy of the letter she was sent. Another poster in that thread got a letter too.

If what they say is indeed true? What in the hell is going on? You would honestly think that Sprint wouldn't want to axe customers like this since they seem to be bleeding customers by the truckload compared to other carriers. Of course this thread has gotten people all worked up because these account terminations just don't seem to make any sense at all given the reason the customers were given for account termination. Either the customers aren't telling us everything or Sprint is telling everything which is damn shay business dealings.... What do all you guys think? The link to the thread over at SU is below.

SprintUsers.com - Unbelievable..sprint cancelling my service!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS - happily holding crystal clear calls!
    I am not quite sure what is up either. I have been 'researching' this issue for the last three days. I have seen on Howard Forums that a user by the name of 'IslandBoi' has gotten the same termination letter as MissDiva did, for the same reason, "excessive calling" to Customer Service.

Also, another user got axed for 100% roaming - which is good because we don't want people like that on Sprint... but the customer service thing is outrageous.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - WTF! Sprint canceled my contract for roaming!

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Got a letter from Sprint... They're cancelling my service???

So those are two stories that I believe will start plauging the boards. Sprint will most likely be canceling service contracts due to the roaming as they don't want to pay for all that - and they are trying to make money now - its probably part of their new marketing campaign.

Also, I read on SU.com this person posted the NEW POLICIES for the 'excessive CS calling' and the 'excessive roaming clause'. Although he quotes no sources... these policies seem to be taking affect (as we see in the above cases).

SprintUsers.com - how to get out of your contract without an early termination fee (ETF)

This is outrageous. I mean they don't even say 'Okay you are doing this, so we need you to limit yourself, or else we will cancel you' (like at&t does with their roaming). Nope, not Sprint, they just go right ahead and axe ya - no matter how longtime of a customer you have been!

I think I am going to call up Mr. Forsee on this one; but... not from my PCS handset! We need to have a little talk about this CS thing. Because the CS gets paid whether or not they are assisting customers!!! And the last two people who got axed (first two), are saying that they only call in to get billing errors corrected - now my quesiton how did they get these errors in the first place, asking for credits, freebies, etc? Or is this Sprint's new way of them not wanting to face their own trouble?!?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    There needs to be some investigation into this. This I believe is a serious enough issue that warrants it. Two people getting axed because of supposed excessive calls into CS? Something isn't right. If that is the case, that is not how a company is supposed to operate. Its just wrong. I can honestly see where people believe that it is because Sprint doesn't want to fix the problems with customer service. Instead of helping fix the root cause of A LOT of problems, they just axe the customers the continuously screw over.

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Certainly odd but there are two sides to every story and I'm not ready to automatically give anyone I don't know the benefit of the doubt and say they didn't deserve it without knowing all the facts from both sides. If Sprint wants to terminate someone's service and it's something they're entitled to do in the contract terms then they must have good reason to do so. However I would think they should have received some sort of warning letter first.

5. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I agree with you Larry. In fact, I made the same point over at SU. That is there are two sides to every story. I just really would like to know what is going on and how Sprint is deciding on which people to cut off.

6. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    What type of plan did they have? Probably a dirt cheap SERO or similar plan with likely some freebies/discounts and Sprint was probably losing money on them to begin with. So when they're on the phone calling up looking for more perks and complaining about one thing or another every week Sprint looks at the situation and decides they no longer want them as a customer. Not saying that's what happened here but if a company is losing money due to spending too much time on a problem customer you can't really blame them for wanting out. Trust me they would never waive the ETF and credit their existing balance to 0 unless they really didn't want them around.

*wondering how much money Sprint loses on a SERO customer who roams 50% of the time off network*

7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well My question is somone like me when I am home I have no choice but to Roam. Sprint does not work that well here so what about things like this?

8. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    As long as you don't exceed 50% of your minutes roaming then you'll be fine. But if you're going over that I would start to worry because Sprint is cleaning house right now it seems.

#8 larry, Jul 4, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  9. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    From Sprint's terms and conditions:

"Our Right To Suspend Or Terminate Services

We can, without notice, suspend or terminate any Service at any time for any reason, including, but not limited to: (a) late payment; (b) exceeding an Account Spending Limit (“ASL”); (c) harassing/threatening our employees or agents; (d) providing false information; (e) interfering with our operations; (f) using/suspicion of using Services in any manner restricted by or inconsistent with the Agreement; (g) breaching the Agreement, including our Policies; (h) providing false, inaccurate, dated or unverifiable identification or credit information, or becoming insolvent or bankrupt; (i) modifying a Device from its manufacturer specifications; or (j) if we believe the action protects our interests, any customer's interests or our network."

10. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    What about data roaming??

11. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    They either had SERO or some kind of retention plan. MissDiva had the 40/1000 plan along with 7pm N&W, unlimited, txt, pv, pm. Those were perks she said she got over the 7/8 year period that also came along with contract renewals.

I also said, there has got to be more than what is being said here. Either on the customer's part or on the part of Sprint.

12. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Right there's usually more to the story then what you hear. Nobody is ever going to admit to everything that happened and will always try to make themselves look innocent to get more sympathy. It's human nature and I would probably do the same thing in the same situation. When you combine someone who has all kinds of special perks and discounts and calls customer service on a weekly basis I'm sure it can't be that good for the company's bottom line. I've been around the forums long enough to know that some people are never satisfied and are always complaining about something. Even when they have the sweetest deal possible.

13. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    To be honest with you when ever I tell of my troubles I tell it how it is one both sides.

14. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yeah, she did say just about all her calls were to fix mistakes made my Sprint such as over charging, etc. Its hard to say but, I firmly believe there is more to the story here, on which side?, who knows.

15. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The lesson to be learned here is that if you have a sweet deal that can't be touched by any other carrier then just sit back, enojy and be satisfied without constantly looking for more and constantly complaining about one thing or another. That's what I have always done and I'm fine.

16. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I recently switched from the old SERO with N&W @9pm and no txt to the new SERO plan with N&W @7pm and free unlimited txt. I had my phone for about a year and had been calling in to see what can be done to fix it or possibly a warranty replacement since I'm still within my 1 year. I don't have the insurance as I see it to be a rip off in the long run. At first a few reps offered me 75 off a new phone. I don't have much money. A tech support said if I took my phone to a store, I could get it exchanged...she assured me. Well, it wasn't the case, they wanted to charge me and I would have to wait. That was out of the question. I finally got a deal of $175 off a new phone and the rest was charged to my account since I had a credit on there because of my deposit being returned.

17. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Im sorry but how can Sprint be overcharging when everything she has is FREE...See this is what im talking about these stories are full of holes....

Why dont people just say "I got greed, Sprint caught me and cut me loose"......I brag about my plan all the time, but i sure dont call in looking for more...I very content with what i have...I dont want nomore no less, my plan is perfect....

If missdiva was being charged vision purchases, there are way to fix that so that you can never be charged or purchase anything, but people dont want to go there....They want to buy and then call for credits in error...I know the games.

18. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I see what you're saying but, I think you're missing the point. While I whole heartedly agree that there is something else/more going on then what meets the eye, if she is suppose to be getting products/services at a discounted rate/free and then Sprint charges for something that she is supposed to be getting free then should would have a legitimate reason to call in. If Sprint charges her full price instead of the discounted price she was supposed to be getting, again she would have a valid reason to call in.

Don't misunderstand me either. I am definitely taking what I am reading with a grain of salt because something else/more is going on. Either that is the case or Sprint is really f***ed up in the head.

19. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Data roaming also counts against the 50% rule I am sure.
    I wouldn't worry about the 50% rule- I doubt you use your phone *that* much in the areas of your house where Sprint does not work well.

20. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

But its not going to require 50 calls to CS to get something corrected....CS is poor, but their not all idiots and if the orginal CS offered her something that couldnt be given, then refuse the contract renewal....CS has ways of re-nigging a new agreement....I just dont buy it....I've called CS 1000's of times mainley to PAY my bill (Funny no-one ever calls CS for that) or either do ESN swaps.....

And how are people having billing errors on SERO---WHEN EVERY DAMN THING IS INCLUDED IN THE PLAN...

21. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

:highclap: I couldn't agree more! In fact I've always been suspicous at people who routinely claim billing errors. I've been a customer since 1997 with 3 lines and it just doesn't happen.

22. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    While I'm not saying what the exact story is, I do agree there is more going on. I just wish I knew what in the hell it was. LOL

23. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That is unless Sprint decides to forget to add all those features and it takes you numerous calls and dozens and dozens of minutes each time hold time to get a hold of CS. :rolleyes:

24. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Come on Larry. Just because you have been a customer since 1997 and never had a billing issue on 3 lines doesn't mean it doesn't happen to some of Sprint's 50 Million other lines. I have been with Verizon since early 2002 and never had any billing issues; of course you would disagree when I said Verizon does not have billing issues then as well. :cool:

25. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Sorry Andy---Wrong....when the SERO code is put in to place everything that goes along with it is included.

-WEB
    -PIC/VID Mail
    -N/W 7
    -M2M
    -SMS(there was an error with this though, but it was easy to correct)
    -And all other basics

And if they forgot to add it, its not going to take numorus calls to get it placed on....Reps arent going to tell you its on there, its on there and its not after 10 times of calling....I dont buy it....Now if people were trying to sneek on FIMF or free 6pm or their NVP's then i can see it not working time and time again...Because its not allowed.

26. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

No VZW doesnt get too many billing errors, but then again with VZW's "Take or leave it" additude, how many billing errors do you expect.....

Its Sprint giving certain subscriber goodies/freebee discounts (including SERO).....when in all honesty they arent qualified, then they come on boards like this and tell everyone what they got and how they got it, then when other people call and try to get it and are turned down because the CS is going by the book...Then you get the Sprint CS Suck threads started.

27. Gemini365i

Gemini365i New Member

You and ME both!!!!! I want the juice. Either that, or Sprint has really gone bezerk!

JE:(

28. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

I agree Lenny, I certainly have never bought into the "it takes 10 calls to get my plan right" argument". Unless of course they were trying to get other things that are out of the ordinary.

29. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Bingo. Finally someone who can really see what's happening!

30. MissDiva

MissDiva New Member

My Phone:
    755p (For now!)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In limbo!
    Hi everyone. I'm the one from SU who got the (1st) letter. (Islndboy got the 2nd) I've spent 2 days typing furiously and on the phone, so bear with me while I post the background and reply to some of your comments here. I'm dealing w/ a lot right now and want to stay focused, factual and not get overly emotional or angry (I'm a Gemini, and from NYC - so cut me SOME slack :)

Not sure if I'm allowed to link another site, but on SU there's an insanely huge thread that has about 100 of my posts and tons of information.

Feel free to PM me. I'll be following up in the next hour with a (probably ridiculously long post w/ all the details.

I certainly don't expect everyone to believe any strangers word just because it's typed, I myself would wonder "How is this possible" if it hadn't happened to me. This cancellation thing is BRAND NEW, an absolutely ridiculous pratice, totally out of nowhere, and completely confusing. Of course we're all going to wonder and question it. I'm posting my and Sprints actions exactly as they happened, leaving nothing out, and all details are there (exactly what perks I got and why, what the calls were for and how many, etc) I apologize, the thread on SU is so long and my posts are so scattered, but the information is all there.

I've been on SU for over 3 years, know many of the mods/members there, and have been active on the trading forum as well. Hopefully that counts for something :) I went to school for Communications - my "thing" is being able to deal with people and handle issues the correct way, and (will be discussed more in a future post re: my calls and what they were for) I have worked hard at knowing when to keep quiet, how to stay calm/factual, when to back down, and when to compromise.

I'm just as confused and upset as everyone, trust me.

Thanks - more to come! Happy July 4th!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.