Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NORTHEAST U.S. -- Sprint and roaming-concern of a possible new customer

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Shantytownbrown, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Shantytownbrown

Shantytownbrown New Member

My wife and I are looking at the HTC EVO and Incredible at their respective providers.
    We are currently Verizon customers. Therefore a Sprint switch is required if we go EVO.
    We can get a great price on EVOs and service thru her corporate discount.

but...

I was reading some fine print in the sprint brochure i got from the local store yesterday.

"Unlimited" calls and data seem to only count on calls made on the sprint network and any calls or data on roaming dont count. This despite "free" roaming?
    Plus...Sprint reserves the right to terminate our contract if a certain amount of calls and or data is made while roaming. The salesman at the store also said "you dont have to worry about coverage, we are allowed on Verizon towers"..but wouldnt that make me roam?

here it is from Sprints site:

Am I interpreting the fine print correctly? How often does this happen.(cancellations that is)....

I live in Fairfield County CT...how often will I roam...what if I need to roam at my house or work...I will be SOL, and have my contract canceled, no?
    Will I be saddled with data charges at the end of every month if i surf the net on my EVO while roaming...?

With the better plan cost, and the EVO which (only slightly) edges out the Incredible, and the price deal i can get, I really want to be OK with making the switch....

or

should i stay with Verizon...

anyone?

2. chokaay

chokaay Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shantytownbrown

Shantytownbrown New Member

4. chokaay

chokaay Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint

I'm fine with it... no worries. Your question does have 2 sides to it, and it's useful to get both side's perspectives IMHO. Posting in both forums is one way to try and get a fair assessment of your situation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...