Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint analog roaming has new features

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by larry, Nov 2, 2001.

1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Just came back from a trip up thru Bishop, CA and for the first time I can remember I had caller ID, Voicemail indication, and call waiting while roaming on analog with my Sprint phone. Is this some type of new analog service that's provided thru Verizon?

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Wasn't Mike Cook talking about that for a while? I also remember reading about this enhanced analog technology, but I am surprised that Sprint would be able to use it to deliver your Sprint features.

3. ILVLA2

ILVLA2 Member

Yep, that was me :) I was surprised to hear Sprint can use Verizon's enhanced analog system too, maybe this is a sign of better roaming agreements between the two carriers. Oh and we will be digital in Ukiah by the 15th of this month, they are finishing up the T1 installations as we speak, so I would think Bishop is close behind.

4. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    yes hard to believe but true. Sprint features such as voicemail, call waiting and caller ID now work on Verizon's analog network in California.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, Sprint phones roaming on AT&T analog in Colorado have always had V/M indicators and caller ID. Verizon has been upgrading some of their analog sites in the west to offer some digital features. The features you see in Bishop are a result of Verizon's upgrade, not a new agreement or feature from Sprint.

-Bill Radio
    -www.mountainwireless.com

6. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    These features also worked in Arizona and New Mexico while off the Sprint network. Now that I have a tri mode Kyocera 2255 it will be interesting to see where Sprint has 800 CDMA roaming agreements. Anyone know if Verizon has digital service in Bishop or Santa Barbara?

7. ILVLA2

ILVLA2 Member

As far as I know Larry, they are digital in Santa Barbara, but still analog in Bishop. But they are turning on our digital here in Ukiah this week finally, so I would bet Bishop is not too far off. While I got your ear Larry(I'll give it back when I'm done lol)I have a Sprint question. Someone visiting from Sacramento came in our Radio Shack last week with a Sprint PCS TP1100 phone because he couldn't get a signal, even an analog one, here in Ukiah. I know Sprint doesn't have service here, but shouldn't he be able to roam analog on US Cellular or Verizon? Doesn't Sprint PCS have roaming agreements for Ukiah? I checked his settings, and he was set to be able to roam, so I told him to call Sprint PCS and check with them. Any ideas? Maybe once they get our
    digital on, that'll fix it.

8. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hi Mike,

The Touchpoint 1100 is a single band only phone. No analog capabilities. That is why he couldn't get an analog signal.

Larry

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Larry- Verizon Wireless does have digital and analog service in Santa Barbara County. I don't believe that there is a roaming agreement between Verizon and Sprint in this area though.

10. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yes Verizon and Sprint do have at least an analog roaming agreement in Santa Barbara and all throughout CA. The last time I was in Santa Barbara it did work on Verizon. I was told that there is also a CDMA digital agreement between the two but haven't confirmed this yet.

11. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Ok I finally lost Sprint service in a building today and my tri-mode Kyocera 2255 found digital roaming. I decided to test it out and place a call and it went through automatically so that that means that Sprint does have a CDMA 800 roaming agreement with Verizon in So. California. But usually it will seek out analog first before CDMA digital which is kind of disappointing.

12. GJMOO7

GJMOO7 Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Caller ID also works on verizon analog while roaming off the sprint
    network here in NYC.

13. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yeah it's that way just about everywhere now I think.