Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint 4th Quarter Device Map Leaks

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Andy, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Sprint 4th Quarter Device Map Leaks

An internal Sprint document has leaked out with the first pictures of four long-awaited Sprint handsets coming in the fourth quarter of this year.

The first phone on the list is the LG Rumor slider, which we covered earlier in the summer.

It will have a QWERTY keyboard, microSD slot supporting 4GB cards, Bluetooth, 1.3 megapixel camera with video recorder, and music player. Music will be loaded onto the phone through the Sprint Music Manager via USB, and the phone will not have Sprint Music Store access, confirming its status as a 1xRTT only device.

The second phone is the Palm Centro which will feature both Sprint TV and Sprint Music Store access, Sprint Mobile Email, Google Maps, VersaMail, a new client called Sprint Instant Messaging, PocketTunes Deluxe media player, and a 1.3 megapixel camera

The third device is the Sprint HTC Touch with it having TouchFLO, both Sprint TV/Sprint Music Store access, Windows Mobile 6, 2.0 megapixel camera, and a future upgrade to EVDO Rev. A.

The last phone on the list is the BlackBerry Pearl 8130. It will feature both Sprint TV/Sprint Music Store support, GPS, Bluetooth with A2DP stereo audio support, microSD slot, media player, messaging client and a camera of unknown resolution, most likely a 2.0 megapixel unit with video recorder.

Phone News - Sprint 4th Quarter Device Map Leaks includes pictures of the devices.

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Looks like some great new devices are going to be coming out for Sprint. That LG device looks interesting personally.

3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I'm curious to see their version of the HTC Touch. This might make me consider adding Sprint to my collection of carriers...:browani:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You know the touch will be nice but I want to have a physical keyboard I really like the new palm coming out. I am watching both of these pdas. Who knows I might change to one of them lol.

5. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Also I was going to point out the new palm there has some crazy keys on it. I know with hands like mine well I guess fingers there is no way this will be friendly to me.

6. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I'm kind of curious to see what a "virtual keyboard" phone would be like (a la iPhone). I hardly ever use the slide-out keyboard on my MDA, so this phone might work out well for me, that is if I'm willing to spend 2 years with Sprint.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeah I guess in the long run I am curious as well I wont rule it out getting one but cant get my self to go to a WMD.

8. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I'm guessing "WMD" is a "Windows Mobile Device" and not "Weapon of Mass Destruction"???;)

9. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i'm really liking the LG Rumor as well.......love the color and i like how the keyboard isnt as tall somehow.......

so far im okay with the palm centro........the keyboard is a tad smushed and im not to big on some of the soft option buttons.......but overall i like WMD Palms

i really like the HTC Touch but im not too big on the shape of the device...........i wouldve liked it to be longer and sharper at the corners

and i love crackberrys but if there is one crackberry i hate its the pearl.......i hate pearls simply because of the keyboards

10. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I am sorry yes Windows Mobile Device

11. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Yeah, I figured that Ryan and I can't say I blame you, Windows Mobile does leave A LOT to be desired.