Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SonyEricsson PlayStation Phone (Xperia Play)

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by RadioRaiders, Jan 17, 2011.

1. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    [​IMG]

I don't think I've seen any official "gaming phone" until now. Looks like a good idea.

Sony's PlayStation Phone gets in-depth preview in China, PlayStation Pocket app in tow -- Engadget

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RadioRaiders

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Looks like Verizon picked up this phone, can't remember the last time (if ever?) Verizon had a SonyEricsson phone.

Verizon Wireless Starts Selling SE's Xperia PLAY Smartphone - HotHardware
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RadioRaiders

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    I got this phone yesterday, and would say it's a pretty nice phone. I got it unlocked, but from an EU carrier (ie: not from Verizon). It's a pretty nice phone over-all. Feels kind of like a Mercedes, a little chunky, but well built. Looks like a good phone for games, came with 4 games pre-loaded, and more can be downloaded for $3 here. You can pay via SMS, so that's nice, no credit card needed.

Pros:
    -Nice screen
    -Solid hardware
    -High quality games, at cheap prices ($3 per game!)
    -Android 2.3.2

Cons:
    -Plastic on backside is slippery and doesn't give good grip
    -Form-factor is a little chunky (altho not too bad)
    -Lack of games (only 60 available right now)

2 people like this.
  4. RadioRaiders

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    The on-contract price with Verizon has been cut to $100:
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Gets A Rather Early Price Cut From Verizon | TechCrunch

My wife has had this phone for maybe a month now, and all is well. True there's not many games, but the ones there are are pretty good, and the prices are very cheap ($5 a game, or less), so you can download several for the price of a regular PSP portable game.

The only down-side is it's a kind of bulky phone, and the sleek back-side makes it kind of slippery, especially in summer when hands tend to sweat :O. But otherwise a nice phone. I'd reccommend it.