Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

software updating

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Tigger58056, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Tigger58056

Tigger58056 New Member

My Phone:
    kyocera 484
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel..old cell one customer
    I need to update my phone software. Kyrocera 484. Just got off the phone with a tec person at alltel and when they did the switchover last week all our cellone mobile web went down. I need to take the phone to a dealer to have it updated to the new alltel. I remember watching a dealer do it one time and it looked to me like he just entered a number and it downloaded the latest software. Cant I just do that myself? How would I go about it? Its 30 miles to the nearest dealer is why im not really in the mood to run over there.
    Sadly enough we lost our webpages that were on mycellone.com. I was informed that alltel has no plans to continue that feature. The only way to get your email now is from the phone. Thats something im gonna miss.

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Dialing *228 from a digital home area will update your PRL (preferred roaming list.) The current PRL version is 206... however, if you still have a CellularONE heritage plan and not an Alltel Freedom plan you will want to retain PRL 87. There is no real way to flash (aka 'reprogram') your phone with Alltel's firmware (aka your phone's 'software') over the air. You may be able to get a corporate sales office to hard flash (using a computer and data cable to program the firmware into the phone directly) but it is Alltel's policy not to reflash non-Alltel phones. Unfortunatly, this includes CellularONE phones.

It is true that the mobile web is down for former CellularONE customers at this time. You should be able to use it with your current phone once they get it back up and running.

If you want to take advantage of the additional network features Alltel will offer, it is probably best to just purchase a new Alltel phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tigger58056

Tigger58056 New Member

My Phone:
    kyocera 484
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel..old cell one customer
    In other words I should be able to use my phone as is until my contract is up.

4. rukusbringer

rukusbringer New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    do you have access to alltel firmwares?

5. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Tigger, alltel now has a way to correct your web. it needs to be flashed and the 1x user id and passcode needs to be changed to mdn@alltel.net and password is alltel. the dialing the agent did was update the PRL not the firmware. an alltel store can update the firmware for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Finally... this is for the markets obtained through the buyout of Western Wireless, correct?

7. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    correct. former cellone/western phones user id that it is in the phone is mdn@wwireless.com. this needs to be changed or the wap/1x connection will not be validated. the phones also need to be flashed with alltel's wap2.0 browser to work correctly.