Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SO let me pose this question....

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by Rollindown95, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Rollindown95

Rollindown95 Junior Member

since cellular towers and all that interests me as well as TRYING MY BEST to learn just by looking at the panels which carrier it is, well when i see a tower in my town, and its accessible(not behind tons of gated fence) i walk up to it to see which provider it is if it is posted. My question is, is that a real serious health risk? i never spend more than a minute near it, but i swear when i do this, i can feel my body temp rise quickly, its like a real intense heat briefly while im near it, but im never near it for more than a minute or two. So how long would u have to be near it to suffer radiation harm, and how much radiation does one injest by standing near one or just checking one out, cause i know to live near one or near power lines is a serious health risk and has direct links to cancer.

ps-yes, im finally back from living in SC, im back in PA with family, and be prepared cause i plan on using this site to learn lots and lots, so ya'll may as well consider yourselves my teachers..lol,

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    This is in the wrong section my friend

3. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    This is an urban myth. The IEEE has done studies (which they published a year or two ago in IEEE Spectrum) that showed no correlation between powerlines and cancer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rollindown95

oops, it is in the wrong section.DAMN!!:loony:

5. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    It doesn't matter that you posted it in the wrong section. We'll still answer your question.

There have been many studies done on health risks pertaining to cellular towers, and while radiation is high(but not above standards) right at the fence of a cellular tower, the radiation decreases greatly with every foot you step away from the tower, and even if a tower is 'just down the road' from you, your in-house electronics or you holding your cellphone at your ear will give you higher radiation than the tower nearby...I'm not an expert but this is what I got out of my readings...anyone please feel free to correct me.

6. Rollindown95

Im not talking about towers in the neighborhood, im talking about standing at its base checking it out for a while.

7. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    That shouldn't be a problem. I do it all the time.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Well read my post it talks about both.

9. rwsrichard

rwsrichard Guest

Maybe one of the others can remember the link and/or the thread in this forum, there is a link with a map that shows towers and which company it belongs to, like Cingular, T-Mobile, VZW, etc....

When I can, I also like to get up close to towers, but most are way out in fields with a fence that usually advertises that the bull or dog can run faster than I can before I can get back over the fence, so. :eek:

10. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Um, Jay, you forgot to tell him about your fifth arm, though.

(Sorry, couldn't reisist... this is the Roaming Zone, after all.):browani:

11. rwsrichard

rwsrichard Guest

Jay was going to say something after you told them about the eyes in the back of your head.

Oooops, sorry I forgot I was not supposed to mention that.

Sorry guys, I could not resist, either. :O

12. Rollindown95

That would be very helpful if someone could link me to a thread with pics or sometin that shows the towers. Are u sayin that there are identifiable features from each company that make certain ones stand out over others? thats what i need, i need to become a tower junkie..LOL.

13. rwsrichard

rwsrichard Guest