Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SMS Time Stamp Issue

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by MOTOhooligan, Jul 17, 2009.

1. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Has anyone on T-Mobile been experiencing issues with messages being received out of order or displaying an incorrect time/date stamp?

Recently I've had issues where some messages, which are being sent after other messages, are arriving before the messages sent earlier. The time stamps are not correct as they are displaying that they arrived in the correct order.

Usually, the T-Mobile network will put the correct time/date stamp on a message. In other words, if my phone is off, the date/time the message was received by the network will display once I turn my phone back on and the message is received by my phone, it will not display the time/date that it is actually received by my phone.

The messages are being sent/received from people on various carriers (T-Mobile, Sprint) and it doesn't seem to be isolated to just one person or carrier. This has not happened in the past.

I plan on contacting T-Mobile Tech Support as soon as I have time but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I haven't seen anything, but I don't send many SMS. Mostly BB Messenger for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kioko

kioko New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Gravity
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yep! This has been happening to me for almost two months. I went into T-Mobile and asked about it and they told me to wait a week. Still happening, I went in about a week and a half later and also complained about the buttons jamming on my phone. They wrote up a request for a replacement phone for the buttons, but said that they couldn't so anything about the timestamp issue. The new phone arrived and STILL the timestamps have been off. This is crazy! I text constantly and it really does get irritating after a while. I read on T-Mobile forums that some Samsung phones (not just the Gravity, like I have) are doing it too. I'm looking to change to a different model phone altogether to avoid this issue! T-Mobile customer service just keeps telling me to wait, it's been over a month!

4. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    I'm pretty sure the time-stamp thing is a network issue, not a phone issue. I don't think swapping out to a new phone will solve it.