Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Simple Freedom will convert to Alltel U

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by mframe, Jun 10, 2007.

1. mframe

mframe Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TracFone, PagePlus, TMO, Xfinity, H2O
    For those with Simple Freedom prepaid accounts, they will be changing to Alltel U.

Simple Freedom Wireless – Coverage Area

Activate (for free, with 120 minutes) a Simple Freedom phone, and avoid the $35 Alltel U activation fee (click "activate" on the SF website, for details).

2. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS - happily holding crystal clear calls!
    Good!

This saves Alltel Ad/Marketing $$. And allows SF customers a better deal. But what happens to the people who live in SF markets that aren't Alltel areas?

This is the start of that 'buyout' that happened.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    I'm pretty sure they were already "migrated" to VZW prepaid...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    You are correct. All current SF customers have numbers in Alltel markets. The SF customers that had Verizon numbers were migrated to a Verizon prepaid plan over a year ago.

5. mframe

mframe Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TracFone, PagePlus, TMO, Xfinity, H2O
    Right. The migration to Verizon was over a year ago. Those who could get a SF phone (such as through e-Bay) could activate on-line, and choose an Alltel area, to get a phone number from. Now, those with a SF phone must go through a rep, and if they are in a Verizon area, make up an address from an Alltel area.

6. jhogg

jhogg New Member

It's about time this happened! I don't know why Alltel didn't just go ahead and do this early last year when they introduced U Prepaid. Maybe there was some contractual obligation with Wal-Mart that prevented Alltel from getting rid of Simple Freedom back then?

Both U Prepaid and Simple Freedom were put on the same billing/tracking system when U Prepaid was rolled out back in Feb. '06. Dialing *369 to check the airtime balance, etc. has worked for both U Prepaid and Simple Freedom since then. And they both have charged 15 cents/min for airtime for a few months now. And they both have virtually identical coverage/roaming maps.

But... when U Prepaid is renamed U "Personalized" Prepaid on July 1, will there be an expiration date on minutes, or will it still be the "make 1 call every 30 days or we'll deduct $4" deal?

Oh well... it's kind of moot for me now since I moved my SF/Alltel # over to Virgin Mobile a little while back. But my mom, dad, cousin and sis use U Prepaid.

#6 jhogg, Jun 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  7. jhogg

jhogg New Member

U Prepaid would be perfect if Alltel:

1) Would get rid of the double dialing while roaming

2) Make it possible to activate/swap phones, change rate plans, add/change/cancel text messaging packagaes, enable/disable voicemail, enable/disable text messaging, *securely* buy airtime with a credit card, etc. on the U Prepaid website, like Virgin Mobile does instead of having to call customer service to do this stuff.

3) Would give U Prepaid 24/7 customer service like Virgin Mobile has

4) Tell me how many minutes I have left before each call like Simple Freedom use to.