Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Simple Freedom Service Provider Code

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by vettecityman, Jan 8, 2008.

1. vettecityman

vettecityman New Member

I'm new here to don't rag me too much for this post/request. I have my cellphone service with Bluegrass Cellular in Kentucky. I use my phone in my work and I use it hard. I've gone through four in the last two years, and I am sick of buying them new from BGC; their prices are high...I know they make a ton of money off of them, as do, I guess, all cellphone providers. I tried the insurance bit once, too, but they denied my claim because they said I "damaged" the phone by getting it wet, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Anyway, I bought a cell phone from a man on Ebay who sells a lot of them. He guaranteed that his phones could be activated by another carrier, and I checked with BGC and they aggreed that they could and actually would provide this service. My old phone was a nokia 6015i, which I really liked. This is what I found on Ebay, so I bought it. I went today to have it switched/activated and they told me they need the "service provider code" in order to make the switch. Here's the information inside my new 6015i:

The ESN number is: 03307931162
    The ESN HEX is: 2179051A
    The code is: 0525423GM27TU

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. mframe

mframe Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TracFone, PagePlus, TMO, Xfinity, H2O
    You need the Master Subsidy Lock code, or MSL. If the Bluegrass Cellular store has flashing/software upgrade equipment for Nokia phones, they can either load Bluegrass firmware (with their own code), or read the MSL code with their software (typically, the Diego or Phoenix programs, from Nokia).