Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Simple Freedom 3585i

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Crazyboy, May 2, 2004.

1. Crazyboy

Crazyboy Member

My Phone:
    Samsung a670
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon...Maybe Cingular AGAIN
    Ok, I went ot Wal-Mart and got one of these phones. The problem is I didn't see the box and it looks like some person bought the phone and took off the back cover and placed a cracked one in it. :mad: The phone is perfect besides that so it's not going back. Now how would I go about activating this on Verizon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. xikle

xikle For rent: inquire below

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    You should be able to just do a ESN change online, or call CS and have them activate it on your account, and then a *228 option 1 to get the phone working.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. John J Beers Jr

John J Beers Jr New Member

Is there any possibility of getting a separate provider for internets services since Freedom Phone does not provide this service. I am using a Nokia 3585i. :confused:

4. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Most mobile phones sold are designed to work with one specific network, the Simple Freedom phone will only work on the Simple Freedom service.

I do not believe you would be able to get a separate provider for web browsing.

5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Several users have reported that the Nokia 3585i sold in the Simple Freedom Package can indeed be used for Verizon Wireless.

6. EdwardP

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Simple Freedom phone (Nokia 3585i) when activated in the Boston area, is on the Verizon network.

7. waywith

waywith Junior Member

Yes, it is on the Verizon Network, but NOT as a Verizon phone. The original poster wants to activate the phone as a VERIZON phone, not as a Simple Freedom phone. Supposedly, this can be done, according to several posters elsewhere.

-way

8. EdwardP

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    My Simple Freedom phone suffered a setback this morning.

As was the case with the first SF phone I purchased and returned a week ago, when it was turned on and a call came in, the phone did nothing. After being on the phone with them for at least a few hours total (about a dozen calls were made to them last Saturday), technical support indicated that the first phone was likely defective, since it was not sending out a signal to Verizon that the phone was on, which forced an incoming call to go to voicemail. Verizon could see the phone when the phone was powered on but only when the phone was on an outgoing call. When the call ended, the phone dropped off the network. While on that same outgoing call, the phone correctly detected an incoming call, but this was the only scenario when it would detect the incoming call.

Since this is the second phone that has done this and the store no longer has them, it appears that I am going to have to give up on this service.

The good news is that it is not a total loss, since the retail value of the Nokia extended battery and charger, exceeded the cost of the phone package itself and the battery can be used in another Nokia phone.

I may try another TracFone.

#8 EdwardP, Aug 21, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  9. waywith

waywith Junior Member

My neighbor told me he had a similar problem with HIS SF phone, but he called CS and they were able to straighten it out the first time.

Oh, well.

-way

10. EdwardP

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    After what I went through last Saturday with the first phone, I would rather not repeat that.

The phone itself had decent call quality, with great phone features. It was the first CDMA phone I used, but for some reason they did not want to function properly. :(

11. EdwardP

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The second SF phone was returned today. When they arrive back at Alltel from Wal Mart, I hope they'll look up the phone numbers that were provided to the phones, so they can see for themselves what problems I had with them.

I purchased and activated a $20 card for the second phone. The decent thing for Alltel to do is to refund the balance in the account, but as we all know, prepaid minutes are non-refundable. In the case of defective phones, I believe exceptions should be made, since it is not the customer's fault.

All in all, I believe I only made 2 actual calls from the second phone, the $10 airtime it came with and the used portion of the $20 I added to it, were used trying to get the phone to work. :(