Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SIMM card registration failed???

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by moto1, Aug 19, 2003.

1. moto1

moto1 New Member

I just purchsed a Nokia 6800 phone with AT&T. It was already activated when I received it and seemed to work fine. However,a few hours later , I'm getting a message on the display when making calls that says SIMM card registration failed. When I dial a number, a display says NO SERVICE. I'm no longer able to make or reveive any calls. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. dallison

dallison Senior Member

if it was baought in a store, i would see if they would replace the sim card since it was w/in 30 days. if it was sent from cust care, i would ask them what options you would have. if they can't do anything see if they will credit your account for the 25$ for a new sim card so u can go to the store and purcase one. unless someone here knows how to fix it, that may be your only option

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    SIM Registration Failed means that the network is not accepting the SIM card for some reason. So you will not be able to place/receive calls at all. Call customer svc. and ensure the activation is ok. Once the activation is done correctly, the towers will accept the SIM card again. If that doesn't work, then you need to tell them to give you another SIM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Major54

Major54 New Member

I ran into a similar problem with one of the 6XXX series nokias from AT&T... I took out the Sim Card, blew on it and reseated it inside the phone and all seemed to be fine.

It's the simplest solution, but it might not fix the problem [​IMG]

5. jamesdj1

jamesdj1 New Member

Anytime you get any kind of annoying error out of nowhere always power the phone off and back on.

If that does not work do it a second time and remove the sim card...place it securely back in..replace battery and power back on.

8 of 10 times this will fix a great deal of issues dealing with singnal, calls not going thru, not reciveing calls ect.

do this always before calling tech support because they are going to tell you to do it.

Save your life by not sitting on hold with tech support and do this first...think of all that precious time you will have at the end of the year :)