Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Signed a lease, still no tower!!

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by wirelessinnc, Jun 13, 2011.

1. wirelessinnc

wirelessinnc New Member

As stated, I was approached by a company who was very interested in my property to build a tower, after much thought and having the contract looked over I entered into the lease. At the time I accepted a small fee for the "lease option", now it has been nearly 2 years and still no tower is built. At the time they made it seem as if this was something they were ready to build at that time. How long does it generally take to build a tower after entering into a contract?

2. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    The time can vary, but 2 years seems kind of a long time. Did you contact the company you signed the lease with and ask them what's the deal?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wirelessinnc

wirelessinnc New Member

Yes, their response was "waiting for a carrier"..... It is Diamond Communications LLC, First I contacted the gentlemen who approached me with the deal to being with, and since he has quit recruiting for them and told me they just aren’t building the new towers lately.

4. RadioRaiders

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Oh, then the answer to your question is "maybe never". Diamond is a "tower company" (ie: vertical real-estate). They build towers and rent the space to the carriers (AT&T, Verizon, etc.). I guess Diamond thought your location looked good, or had some feedback from one of the carriers that they needed a tower in the area, but then for whatever reason, interest was lost, lack of $, etc, they decided not to (rural areas don't bring much $). Maybe something will happen in the future...maybe not. I guess there's something in your contract saying if no tower is built, no $ passes any hands, right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. wirelessinnc

wirelessinnc New Member

none other than the small amount I was paid to keep the "lease option", looks like I need to get on the phone with some major carriers and push them toward leasing a tower :browani:

6. RadioRaiders

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    With the carriers it's usually "don't call us, we'll call you". When they decide they need to improve coverage, then they'll come looking. But I guess it won't hurt to put your hand up and remind them you are there. Good luck.

7. sis651

sis651 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Omnia i900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Turkcell
    Whenever I call customer service of my operator for bad coverage issue, they ask whether I have an appropriate proberty to install base station. :) Due to cancer fear, nobody is willing to rent for a base station.
    However, my home is near a children park, where base station installation is forbidden...

Maybe you can call your operator and says coverage is bas in your area to urge them to build a tower in your property. :D

8. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I'm guessing that with a lot of mergers happening and carriers changing to newer technology (such as Sprint's network vision plan which will eliminate a lot of redundant cell sites) far fewer towers are going to be built in the future. A lot can change in two years time.

9. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    That is pretty accurate. T-Mobile was looking to build a tower back in NY, went through years of waiting and permitting, the village FINALLY lifted the ban on new towers, and then the merger was announced.
    All progress was stopped and the tower probably won't be built. Stupid, but that's the way it is.

10. gstock

gstock New Member

Did a tower ever get built on your property? If not, I may be interested in it. Send a reply to let me know.

1 person likes this.
  11. Kymmiejz

Kymmiejz New Member

How can I get information on having a cell tower installed on my property. I have 1.37 acres in NW Las Vegas Nevada. 89131