Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Signal Repeaters???

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Dman, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Dman

Dman New Member

Howdy everyone
    Has anyone heard of a device such as a antenna booster that could be mounted on a building for improved reception. I have a customer that has great (CDMA) reception a block from his office, but as soon as you enter his parking lot all calls drop and the signal is lost. It's pretty annoying to say the least. It is a metal building, but I didn't think that would affect the signal in the parking lot. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve his reception feel free to post.

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    You do realize that we are talking thousands of dollars here?

http://www.antenna.com/sitemap.html

http://www.sandman.com/pouches.html

Additionally:
    http://canyonriver.com/accessory_allentelecom.html offers an indoor coverage amplifier System for In-Building, Low Power Repeater Kit EAC-50 series - wireless bidirectional amplifier. It sells for $2,372.04

For more, from Yahoo, do a search on: <u>indoor cellular antenna.</u>

Alternately:
    1. Have the user install a car kit. The antenna on the car might help with analog signal.
    2. Have the user change jobs. (Just kidding.)

Kev

3. Dman

Dman New Member

Kevin
    This exactly what I was looking for. This company bought 60 phones from me, and have horrible service in and around their office. Hopefully, this will become a do-able solution. Do you or anyone else actually have any experience with this indoor antenna system?

4. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Dman,

In that case, I want some of the cut. Sheesh, my advise has to be worth something here.

Sorry, no experience with product(s). For the 2nd listing, email: mike@sandman.com. I just sent an email inviting him to this forum. Seeing as this comes up very often, having someone experienced in this would be an asset to us all.

Kev

5. Tony

Tony Junior Member

Good idea Kevin, the invite I mean.

Did you guys know I used this Forum as a resume piece to get my new management position with Verizon?

I am really proud of the educated community we've got going here. And I'm thrilled with everyone that has a part in making this forum that. Really, it must have been dumb luck.

6. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Tony: Hey, can you let me know (via my email) when the TM520 comes to market. I am EXTREMELY interested in buying that phone. (As in: If I am not the first person in the continental USA to have this phone, I'll be pretty close.)

7. Dman

Dman New Member

Tony,
    So you aren't working for Carmen at the wireless consulting place? What was the deal with that company?

8. Tony

Tony Junior Member

Nah, didn't pan out. I expected some back up, and I didn't get it. I called people that had already been called, ect.

Good idea. It might turn into quite a moneymaker if someone has a unique way to generate leads.

9. Dman

Dman New Member

You gotta get back to the cold call. Was this a residual commission or a one-time deal? Tony, would you also post Carmen's email address? Thanks

10. Tony

Tony Junior Member

Each sale, you get commission off of what you save the company whose cell phone bills you look at.

Carmen has another thing going to that she is more active with, pre-paid legal. She thinks its a better deal, also straight commission.
    Her e-mail address is:
    legal-e@home.com

Incidentally, the only success I got was from cold calling. (But 50-100 calls for one hit? You can starve waiting to get your clients that way!)

By the way, I'm going to move all of my moneymaker/job posts to the marketplace forum here on out. See if you can encourage everyone else to do the same. (Since we as a group are solely responsible for how the content of this sight is ladi out ultmately.) And if anyone thinks of anything that someone can use for a job in this market, please post it. I personally know a number of people that could use that information.