Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SIDs and NAM1

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by nm-native, Apr 22, 2007.

1. nm-native

nm-native New Member

Hello all. Sorry to be picking your your guys' brains lately. I pretty much have figured out a lot about the phone and the service over the past few days from your replies to my original post "roaming on alltel"... I do, however, still have a few questions.
    It seems that I am just outside of Alb. evough to be picking up the Santa Fe signal stronger, hence the flashing "r" on my screen. I went in and checked the "system" I was on, and according to all info someone sent, I am on the Santa Fe tower (or system, I have no idea). Someone was kind enough to send me the SID codes for the area (as well as the area I will be moving to here soon). Someone recommended going into my NAM1 settings and adding the Alltel towers and just selecting the phone to "home only" to insure that I am not really roaming. How do I do this? I know that if I enter "0" from the menu screen, it puts me into the programming code and that if I enter "000000" I can go in and change things, but can't find anything titled "SID" or anything like that.... Help would be greatly appreciated. Again, I have the LG AX8600 and my husband has the LG AX245. I am still sitting the fence on the Motorola E815 over it. I am giving it a week. So, if anyone out there knows how to do the same as far as the SID numbers for the Motorola E815, please let me know as well.
    Another question, it seems that when I am on the phone and the "R" is flashing, that it still labels it as "roam" on my phone, even though the R is fhasking. What gives? Is it because it is not on its home tower?

Again, thanks for the great info. I have tried to contact customer service, but of course, they are closed today.

2. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    For the Moto E815 or Razr:

Rapidly dial: 74663# (menu)(menu)
    Select: NAM1
    Change: CDMA Sys ID from 79 to 1499
    Select: Change

I've also changed SIDs on a 2865i if you need those directions.

The programming that Alltel uses for its roaming list is indeed one of my biggest complaints. The phone programming is designed only to recognize your home System ID as its home network. All other 'SIDs' are tagged as free roam SIDs and it does not matter if it's Alltel, Sprint, Verizon, etc. So your phone is recognizing it as a free roaming call because it's marked as a friendly SID, but it's not the one your phone recognizes as its home SID. So to your phone, it's roaming call in the phone memory. If that makes sense. So you could go to many places, Arizona, Nebraska, Florida, South Carolina, and you'd get a flashing R but it would still be on Alltel.

As for the LG, the one I played around with for a couple days, I didn't have to do this so I'm not entirely sure. You already know how to get into the programming menu but I'm not sure where to go from there or if it can be changed or if it's set from Alltel's computers. If you dial *611 from your cell phone, Alltel Customer Service should be open today until 7pm and might be able to change that for you or somebody else on here might know.

3. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    It can be changed on the LGs, I pm'd the op with what I know. The only thing I'm not sure about it what LG calls their NAM Menu. It's either system select, or NAM menu, Extended Menu, something along those lines.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)

I have the settings for most LGs:

Steps 1-14 is how to get to the importants, 15 is what you need to know.
    Steps 16-28 are additional settings. Your phone will reset when you are done.

1. Hit menu, 0, and the default service code is 000000
    2. Select option 1 which is service prg.
    3. Your ESN is displayed. Press ok/enter
    4. Your Phone Number (MDN) is displayed. Press ok/enter
    5. Your Phone Number (MIN) is displayed. Press ok/enter
    6. Your NAM1 Home SID is displayed. Press ok/enter
    7. Your NAM1 Name is displayed. Press ok/enter
    8. "Basic NAM1 is completed" is displayed. Press "more"
    9. The Security Code is displayed. You can change it here if you like. Otherwise, Press ok/enter
    10. Your NAM1 MCC is displayed. Press ok/enter
    11. Your NAM1 NMSID is displayed. (which is 27 + phone number) Press ok/enter
    12. Your NAM1 True IMSI MCC is displayed. Press ok/enter
    13. Your NAM1 True IMSI NMSID is displayed. Press ok/enter
    14. Your NAM1 PRL Enabled is displayed. Press ok/enter

15. The CDMA Home SID/NID settings are displayed. Use the up/down arrows to highlight the SID/NID. Press ok/enter then enter the SIDs & NIDs. Press the right/left arrows to move through the index (0-19). Your index #0 is what your phone was set up on. You can enter an additional 19 numbers into the index. Enter 65535 for the NIDs, otherwise, you will still get a blinking R everywhere else in an SID area.

16. Your NAM1 CDMA Pri. Ch A setting is displayed. Press ok/enter
    17. Your NAM1 CDMA Sec. Ch A setting is displayed. Press ok/enter
    18. Your NAM1 CDMA Pri. Ch B setting is displayed. Press ok/enter
    19. Your NAM1 CDMA Sec. Ch B setting is displayed. Press ok/enter

20. Your Lockout SID/NID settings are displayed. Programs the same as the instructions for step 15. But this will lockout SIDs/NIDs. If you find an SID that will give you a solid R, then put it in here. You can put up to 10 in the index.

21. Your NAM1 Home SYS Reg setting is displayed. Press ok/enter
    22. Your NAM1 Forn SID Reg setting is displayed. Press ok/enter
    23. Your NAM1 Forn NID Reg setting is displayed. Press ok/enter
    24. Your NAM1 AMPS phone number is displayed. Press ok/enter
    25. Your NAM1 AMPS Home SID is displayed. Press ok/enter
    26. Your NAM1 AMPS 1st Page Channel is displayed. Press ok/enter
    27. Your NAM1 AMPS Auto Reg setting is displayed. Press ok/enter
    28. Your NAM1 Acc Ovld Class number is displayed. Press ok/enter
    29. Press ok if you'd like to set up your NAM2 settings. Repeat steps 4-28. Your phone will reset when you are done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That's much better then what I had about LGs. I'm more into Moto's and Samsungs. :)

6. nm-native

nm-native New Member

Thanks you! Thank you! Thank you! I entered the other SID #s for my area... Do you know where to find the SID numbers for Alltel? Like I said before, I will be moving here shortly and would like to set up those numbers on my phone when I move.

You can PM me or send me an e-mail at mtnchick@cybermesa.com

Thanks again! I SO appreciate everyone's help with this. My husband is taking the AX245 back to the store tomorrow as it keeps shutting down on him for no reason... (I read several reviews about "freezing", but I think this is different. He is looking at the Nokia 2865i (I am not certain on that model, but I think that is it). He isn't looking for a phone with everything that I like to have, but just a phone that gets great reception, loud ringers and isn't shutting off all the time (and the Bluetooth is a bonus as well). I am still trying out the LG and may be going out of town with it next weekend. Depending on how the reception is between point A and point B, I will either stay with it or go with the Moto E815. Someone responded that they know how to add SIDs to the Nokia. Can you respond, PM or e-mail me. I also would like to have the info on the Moto E815 just incase I decide to go with that one (I just can't get over the screen on the 8600, that is one of my favorite features, although I am scared I will drop the thing and break it and think the Moto may be a little more sturdy for me - I am not that delicate with my phones).

I look forward to the input.

7. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
  8. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    For the Nokia the code to get into the programming menu is *3001#12345# pressed fairly rapidly.

After that it's not too hard to figure out. I'm not quite exactly sure what the options are and I don't have the phone with me at the moment. But you will also end up changing the 79 to 1499 (or to any free SID that you're on) under CDMA SID or NAM1 or something that makes sense. :O Sorry for the vagueness but it's really not that bad. I figured it out the first time in about a minute by just seeing what the options were. I thought I saved the step by step directions to my computer but I can't find it at the moment.

For the E815, just check out my last post, the second one in this thread.

Motos and Nokias, to the best of my knowledge, don't allow multiple SIDs to be entered as the home SID, just one. If they do, I've not been able to figure it out on my E815. So it will probably end up blinking on either SID 79 or 1499 depending on which one you set it to unless there's a trick I don't know about.

edit: And if you like the LG ax8600, I would really stick with it if I were you. If you get 3 bars at home, that's not bad at all. You really only need 1 when it comes down to it and you should be able to make and receive calls without ever dropping. The 8600 also looks a lot sleeker than the E815, the 8600 has Celltop while the E815 does not, and I really don't like the E815's charging port compared to the 8600. If you like the 8600 and it gets the signal you need at your location, by all means I think you should stick with it.

9. KyleAndMelissa22

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):

What area in particular's SIDs would you like?

Here's a complete list from http://www.mountainwireless.com/sid.htm :

It does not include Western Wireless

Alltel 42 TAMPA, FL
    Alltel 53 PHOENIX, AZ
    Alltel 54 CLEVELAND, OH
    Alltel 57 NEW ORLEANS, LA
    Alltel 74 TRI CITIES, TN
    Alltel 79 ALBUQUERQUE, NM
    Alltel 83 NORFOLK, VA
    Alltel 84 AUGUSTA, GA
    Alltel 85 BATON ROUGE, LA
    Alltel 97 EL PASO, TX
    Alltel 100 FAYETTEVILLE, NC
    Alltel 114 CHARLOTTE, NC
    Alltel 116 GREENVILLE, SC
    Alltel 120 MOBILE, AL
    Alltel 126 YOUNGSTOWN, OH
    Alltel 130 TOLEDO, OH
    Alltel 142 GREENSBORO, NC
    Alltel 144 RALEIGH/DURHAM, NC
    Alltel 152 OMAHA, NE
    Alltel 156 CHARLESTON, SC
    Alltel 182 COLUMBIA, SC
    Alltel 188 LANSING, MI
    Alltel 204 ALBANY, GA
    Alltel 205 JACKSON, MS
    Alltel 208 LITTLE ROCK, AR
    Alltel 212 ALEXANDRIA, LA
    Alltel 216 SAGINAW BAY, MI
    Alltel 220 SHREVEPORT, LA
    Alltel 240 APPLETON, WI
    Alltel 244 GRAND RAPIDS, MI
    Alltel 256 BATTLE CREEK, MI
    Alltel 260 BENTON HARBOR, MI
    Alltel 281 BILOXI, MS
    Alltel 312 DOTHAN, AL
    Alltel 318 EAU CLAIRE, WI
    Alltel 342 FORT SMITH, AR
    Alltel 348 GAINESVILLE, FL
    Alltel 350 FLORENCE, SC
    Alltel 368 HICKORY, NC
    Alltel 374 JACKSON, MI
    Alltel 376 JACKSONVILLE, NC
    Alltel 386 KALAMAZOO, MI
    Alltel 392 KILLEEN/TEMPLE, TX
    Alltel 396 LA CROSSE, WI
    Alltel 416 LINCOLN, NE
    Alltel 418 TYLER, TX
    Alltel 424 LYNCHBURG, VA
    Alltel 430 MANSFIELD, OH
    Alltel 440 MONROE, LA
    Alltel 444 MONTGOMERY, AL
    Alltel 448 MUSKEGON, MI
    Alltel 478 PINE BLUFF, AR
    Alltel 520 SAVANNAH, GA
    Alltel 544 TALLAHASSEE, FL
    Alltel 546 SPRINGFIELD, MO
    Alltel 550 TEXARKANA, TX
    Alltel 578 WILMINGTON, NC
    Alltel 1038 BATESVILLE, AR
    Alltel 1058 EL DORADO, AR
    Alltel 1093 DURANGO, CO
    Alltel 1124 PORT ST. JOE, FL
    Alltel 1148 DUBLIN, GA
    Alltel 1258 SALINA, KS
    Alltel 1332 MARQUETTE, MI
    Alltel 1336 TRAVERSE, MI
    Alltel 1338 CHEBOYGAN, MI
    Alltel 1375 TUPELO, MS
    Alltel 1383 COLUMBUS, MS
    Alltel 1385 MERIDIAN, MS
    Alltel 1466 GRAND ISLAND, NE
    Alltel 1493 FARMINGTON, NM
    Alltel 1499 SANTA FE, NM
    Alltel 1528 SOUTHERN PINES, NC
    Alltel 1530 OXFORD, NC
    Alltel 1532 ROCKY MOUNT, NC
    Alltel 1534 ELIZABETH CITY, NC
    Alltel 1536 GOLDSBORO, NC
    Alltel 1538 LUMBERTON, NC
    Alltel 1540 BURGAW, NC
    Alltel 1542 NEW BERN, NC
    Alltel 1544 GREENVILLE, NC
    Alltel 1546 STATESVILLE, NC
    Alltel 1640 LAURENS/NEWBERRY, SC
    Alltel 1652 HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC
    Alltel 1750 WISE COUNTY, VA
    Alltel 1752 MARION, VA
    Alltel 1818 PLATTEVILLE, WI
    Alltel 1870 GILMER, TX
    Alltel 1872 PARIS, TX
    Alltel 1989 PIMA COUNTY, AZ
    Alltel 2038 LAURINBURG, NC
    Alltel 5667 JACKSONVILLE, FL

10. kklessig

kklessig Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel since May, 2006 (Cellular One 10 yrs prior)
    I have learned an incredible amount of info from just reading posts here the last week or two. Thank you for all the wonderful info. I can proudly say I am now somewhat cell-literate! :)

I do have questions.....

I use a Motorola V262 in small town Northern Wisconsin...The only real local cell plans are Cellular One (dobson) and Alltel, with a little bit of Cellcom. My hubby switched us to Alltel last year due to friction with CellOne local CS. Our only gripe is cell reception at home. There is a tower near our home that always used our CellOne coverage. Now that we have Alltel, this tower never picks up our phones while at home. What settings do I change to just to pick up this coverage?

My PRL has been 20007 and hasn't changed since I learned how to get "in there" and check it. My sid is 240. Where I'm at, its kinda confusing as to what numbers are available in this little area.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!! Including info on this tower close to me.

11. KyleAndMelissa22

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):

Programming your phone is an option. I don't have a motorola phone so I don't know the exact details.

If your phone can't find an Alltel signal, your phone should automatically search for Verizon, Sprint, and other CDMA signals. Your phone is likely locked on that far away Alltel tower. If Verizon or Sprint has a stronger signal, then cancel out the Alltel signals by removing the antenna, etc.

If it doesn't solve the problem, lots of people in the Alltel forum will also be happy to help you.

12. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-E815_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.106 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Well as far as getting on cell ones tower that is not really possible. Technology differences. But you may be able to use cellcom's tower. What area are in specifically? We'll have to make sure which sids are labeled free-roam...

13. budone

budone Junior Member

My Phone:
    E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I thought all of MI was on 244?????

14. kklessig

kklessig Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):

I really don't know who "belongs" to that specific tower in the woods near my home. Is there a way to find out? Every website i've checked only tells me that its owned by American Tower but nothing else.

On the SID lists, I am SID 240 in Vilas County, Eagle River WI. There is mention on the lists of Rhinelander WI and I am further North.

I'm in a very rural woodsy area and its hard to understand (for me anyway) the SID lists.

15. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):

Those all look like old analog sids.

16. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):

Could you describe what kind of signal that you do get with alltel? i'll take a look at the sid list once i get to a computer tonight (posting from wap)...

17. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    The CDMA network is. The other Michigan SIDS are analog/TDMA from the old Centurytel network. For example, if I force a phone to analog where I llive it switches to SID 448 which was the Muskegon market in the old days. Just a few miles north of here analog is broadcast on SID 1336 which was the Traverse City market.

18. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    Well just to centralize all the info here, SID 240 is detailed as:
    (SID) 00240 [D] FR Alltel Communications
    EV-DO .............
    CMA125B Appleton, WI
    CMA710B Wisconsin 3 - Vilas
    CMA714B Wisconsin 7 - Wood
    CMA716B Wisconsin 9 - Columbia

As Strunke mentioned, how much signal do you get? If you get none, then chances are there is not a CDMA signal there to roam on. Cellular One uses a different technology and you wouldn't be able to get their signal. It would be like using an FM radio to get an AM signal, it's just incompatible. The only SID I can find in the PRL that might give hope is Cellcom, SID 362. But they don't appear to overlap in your area so I'm guessing you're specific county only has Alltel and Cell One to choose from. You should be able to change the SID on your phone the same way as you would an E815 or Razr.

I tried to look up the towers on cellreception.com. You wouldn't happen to live near the American Tower by Snipe Lake on Vilas County First & Wilderness Trail (St. Germain #50575). When I looked up that tower (it's the only one I could find around Eagle River owned by American Towers) I zoomed out, and it looks like it's right in the middle of 2 Alltel towers, one in Eagle River and one in St. Germain. on Birchwood Dr. How many sets of panels does it look like is on that tower? If it's more than one, maybe somebody else is on it. But I fear that your only hope maybe writing and calling Alltel tech support regarding the lack of signal when there's a tower very near your home that gave you a great signal when you were with Cell One. (In other words acting very uneducated about everything and previously having a great signal but 'for some reason' it's not that good with Alltel even though the tower's right there and hoping somebody looks into it to get the signal up.)

19. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    You could try SID 362, I'm not sure Cellcom covers you if you are much further north of Rhinelander. But if your phone just says No Service then it won't help. But if it has just poor signal inside then you might be able to change to an E815 and get better signal. Or try forcing your phone over to analog only. That might work for voice (although the sound quality suffers because it is an older technology).

The last thing you could try is something like this....http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1829799&CatId=1739. It's cheap repeater, $229.00. It's also pretty easy to setup. (don't worry about the cingular/verizon tag on it, it will work for alltel and cell one). There are other more extreme options. It looks like you get EVDO as well. Broadband internet speeds (DSL). So it might offset the cost if it works and you want faster internet and can't get it from anyone else.

20. kklessig

kklessig Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Yup...you got it...The tower by Snipe Lake is the tower that I'm talking about. I didn't know that CellOne and Alltel had "incompatible" styles tho. Makes sense.

My hubby used to make tons of calls at nite for business on his cell phone that saved tons of $$ on the land line phone bill. Now with Alltel, his cell phone rings nonstop in the evenings and he can't answer it as there is not enuf reception to talk...only ring. And the man refuses to turn the darn thing off!!!

Switching phone settings to Analog does gain reception to this tower at home but the phone soon switches back to CDMA on its own. No biggie.

Thank you much!! You totally answered my questions :)

I guess I'll have to have hubby go to Alltel and do the talking about this tower and reception thing as you suggested. I used to be totally cell-illiterate until I started reading these boards. Hubby thinks I'm doing "illegal" things to my phone now and he's not ready to upgrade phones yet either...something about contract dates or such....

I know we're on some family plan with his biz and 5-6 other phones, in The Circle, etc.

Thanks again for the great help and wonderful info!!!

21. kklessig

kklessig Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Is there a reason why I can't find any info on my PRL 20007? Is this a new PRL? I'm assuming so from lack of info....:confused:

22. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Yeah it's new, it came out late march I believe. The biggest change is that it includes new roaming partners in Mexico and Canada.....

23. kklessig

kklessig Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Is there any info anywhere on this new PRL 20007?

Because of my backwoods home situation, what phones are available w/Alltel (moto pref) that have a stronger signal pull than what we have now?

I've been trying to talk hubby into upgrading to new phones and i'd like to talk him into something "better" signal-wise here.

We have a few dead spots in the area but that's for everyone, not just us with cheap phones.

My bro has a Razr and his phone doesn't really get better reception than ours does. He's constantly on the 'net with his razr most of the time.

In the past, I wanted a razr also, but i'm not all that impressed with bro's razr so i'm open to options.

24. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    I've not seen anything on 30007 yet, PRL interpretations has recently changed a lot recently so XFF, the person that keeps up with it, I'm sure has been very busy. Beyond the format changes he also keeps up with PRLs for about 8 different providers so it will probably take a little while for it to be decoded. But I've heard, FWIW, that it's very similar to 30005/20005 with Mexico and Canada added as Strunke mentioned.

The Moto E815 is the best that Alltel has now when it comes to pulling down a signal. I've compared it to several other models personally and others seem to agree that there's just nothing like the E815. That said, the V262 isn't bad, so I also don't want to get your hopes up that the E815 is the solution without a repeater. But one thing I noticed with a friends V262, was that the signal bar stayed high, but it drained battery and it was often very difficult to keep clear call on 0 or 1 bars. But on my E815, I generally have no problem with 0 or 1 bar and that's the main difference IMO. I usually get an extra bar on an E815 than my friend with a Razr (who upgraded from the V262). The E815 has a pull-out external antenna which helps out a little bit. The E815 isn't analog but it appears to hold onto a digital signal longer than analog phones will hold onto an analog signal. It would probably be your best bet and it is an EV-DO phone so you can try connecting it to the net if the signal is strong enough.

Another trick I found with my E815 in very low signal situations is to use speaker phone. As strange as it sounds, I think the signal gets to the phone a little better when your head's not absorbing any of the signal. There is one place that I have to go outside and use speakerphone while holding the phone up with the antenna out to make a call but it gets the job done where nobody else can make a call. :)

25. kklessig

kklessig Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):

Thanks for the PRL info....

Funny you should mention the V262 battery draining prob...that's been a huge thorn in my side since I got the phone nearly a year ago. Never have been able to figure out why my battery dies so fast when I hardly use my cell compared to hubby's cell use. On the chargers constantly!!!

I'm a stay-at-home-mom and only use the cell on few occasions I leave home. Hubby works all over the place in tree service and ye really depends on his phone to have service for biz and to call home and check in w/me. We obviously have external antennas on our vehicles for better reception in this area.

When upgrading our phones from V262's, I want to make sure that we go with something that has a stronger reception pull than what we have, and not downgrade ourselves. I thank you for your advice regarding said info :D

We've talked about getting a booster/repeater in the past but I really don't think its all that necessary for idle chatter. What we have for reception is good enuf for now. I was hoping that there was some "secret code" to pick up reception from the tower close to us, but no biggie. Thanks to you guys, I understand the differences now.

Thanks again for your help and insight! I feel so smart now....!!! :hyper:

26. KyleAndMelissa22

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):

Your battery life lasts twice as long if you use a digital signal, rather than analog.
    Also, with a full signal, your battery life will last a lot longer.
    Beacuse of the CDMA technology, a phone with almost no signal actually uses more power to find/maintain a signal.

One obvious way to tell if your phone is using too much battery would be how quick your phone gets hot.
    The quicker the battery gets hot, the less your battery will last.

27. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I concur about the E815, best phone Alltel has for reception....

28. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    Forward your Alltel phones to your homeline in the evening. That way, anyone calling your husband cell number will ring to the home phone. Just dial *72(xxx)xxx-xxxx(your home number). In the am when y'all leave the house, just hit *73 send to undo forwarding.

29. kklessig

kklessig Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):

Great idea! I never thought of that...thanks for the reminder.

30. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless

Actually, you'll want do to *720 to deactivate.....*73 turns off all forwarding, including voice mail.