Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Should I test out companies with Pre paid?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Xcoolrising122X, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Xcoolrising122X

Xcoolrising122X New Member

OK I've looked into wireless companies. I think the best way to find out if coverage is good in mai area( LI) would be 2 try out the companies pre paid service. Is this the best way 2 try out companies? I just wanna know that if I use the pre paid service am I usuing the same towers as other users? (that are on a monthly service?

2. CellGuyFL

CellGuyFL New Member

Its a good start cool, but you won't get a full prospective of every company because they all don't offer prepaid services like sprint and Nextel, but if you have already ruled those two companies out then try prepaid, but for the most part prepaid can be expensive and if you get a good prepaid deal it will be with most likely with a phone that is currently out dated or going to be outdated in the next couple of months, I would suggest going to a dealership asking them what they personally use and what has worked for them, I am currently a dealer and so far what worked best for me in the NY area was AT&T service wise and as far as for my budget i would say Voicestream/T-Mobile was a good choice. I mean most dealers might try and lie about whats good to sell you something to meet there quota, but heres the thing stay away from big corporate stores such as circuit city, Staples, Best Buy and Radioshack there just out to meet there end of the month quotas for the most part I used to work for circuit city and radioshack your best bet would be to go to a local retailer a good one that recommended and ask them a few questions before you get into something. Just some simple advise from a member of the related field good luck and happy hunting.

3. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    With Sprint and Verizon they give you a 14 day trial and at&t gives you 30. That should be a good amount of time for a trial. Voicestream is 3 days and I would recommend that you get a voicestream pre paid package.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I've heard from a few users that AT&T in NYC isn't all that great... Maybe with the right phone (6360 for example) their service may be better than people have been saying, I don't know. I don't live there, but just from what I've been reading on the boards, AT&T leaves a bit to be desired. As far as prepaid goes, just remember that you'll pay more for the phone, and with a few exceptions (verizon being one) you'll probably have to change #'s if/when you go from prepay to postpay.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    When it comes to NYC most users on this board seem to agree that Sprint PCS and Verizon Wireless are the best for that area.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll second that!!! Maybe it will change with their GSM changeover. One can only hope!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

This is true with Verizon. When I switched from FreeUP to post-paid, I had to switch numbers.