Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

should I open a cricket retail store?

Discussion in 'Working or Investing in the Wireless Industry' started by soumikcha, Apr 22, 2015.

1. soumikcha

soumikcha New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket wireless
    I have been selling phones at my check cashing place for the past five years. Since I do not have a solid carrier backing me up. I have hard time selling alot of phones. So I just do force selling to people who comes to my store for other service.
    But now I have a opportunity to open cricket wireless retail store. And since they got bought buy ATT, I thought it was a good idea.
    I am trying to open my first store at crofton MD, a upper class area with no prepaid cell phone stores near. WIth rent about 4k and payroll about 3-5k plus other cost a total of 10k monthly cost. So I need to sell about 200 phones monthly to make some profit.
    How likely will be for me to sell 200 phones monthly? Right now I sell about 80 phones monthly but again without having a company backing me up, It do becomes difficult.
    Any advice or ideas will be helpful.
    Thanks

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Let me preface by saying I have no sales experience, especially not owning a business. You seem to have some of your demographics identified. But the real demographic you need to figure out it who your potential pre-paid buyers are. If you are, as you state, in an upper class area, then I'd say that most of your potentials will be teens that are forced to get their own phones. Even then, I'd bet that most families would opt for family plans so that the individual teen might not be stranded to find their own way.

Perhaps start asking your customers who they feel might be your target group. Try some fliers directed to each focus group and see what response(s) you get.

3. soumikcha

soumikcha New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket wireless
    I will try to do some kind of survey. But now the game is different. Prepaid is not prepaid what it was five years ago. Cricket is about to get the GS6 next week. They do not even want the teen to get the phone, and thats one of the reason I make about 30 new activation in my area, as their is poor people. So I sell more boost at that area. Cricket aka ATT, wants to go after verizon and sprint and t mobile. We have family plans and much more value for the price with higher end phones. So I think I will or should be very successful. But, i wish I could have talked to someone who opened the first prepaid phone store in a higher class area. At that area, I saw atleast 10 strip malls and none had a prepaid phone store. lol. Crazy to think of it now. I am not sure if thats a sign that i will fail or be successful.

4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    @soumikcha: I wish you the best. You might be right though: In that no prepaid sellers are in the area, maybe they've all learned the hard way there is no market for that service there. It is hard to believe that you are the first one to think of the idea.

5. soumikcha

soumikcha New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket wireless
    But I seen four post paid phone store and they all were in the same mall lol. And no sign of any cell phone store near. IDK if I should step on the fire or what. It might just pay off greatly. lol

6. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    As this deals with the retail side of things I'm moving this to the Wireless Industry forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...