Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Should I buy 3589i

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by rich6880, May 29, 2004.

1. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I just got a new phone with Verizon New Every 2. It was the 4400B. The decision was made based upon the many good ratings on this phone. Well, many people are very happy with the phone, but it is just not right for me. The reception from my home is not equal to other phones I have had. I am no longer a teenie bopper :( , I want a phone. Don't care about color, faceplates, cameras, ring tones etc. I just want the best reception, best RF. I am thinking of selling my 4400 on ebay and getting the 3589. Any users, salesmen or others in the know out there, who can give advice. TY.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    Good RF phones from Verizon

Audiovox 8900
    Motorola V60s
    LG VX 6000
    LG VX 3200
    Nokia 3589i
    Samsung A530
    Samsung A610

These are the phone with better RF on VZW systems.
    In your situation if I didn't need analog I would get a Samsung a530 or a LG vx 3200. Why? As phones they work realy well. The 3589i has good reception but the phones I mentioned have better incoming voice quality and much better outgoing voice quality. I am partial to the 8900 cause I have one and love it :biggrin:...but thats me . Hope this helps.

3. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thank you Dru

That is the type of response that I am looking for. I hope others will, also feel, free, to experss their opinion

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    I can't speak to most of those Verizon phones, but the v60 series is a solid performer and the Nokia 3588i on Sprint is great, and most people seem to say the 3589i on Verizon is just as good.

5. CWick

CWick Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    L6, V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I had the 3589i for a day and thought it was a piece of junk. It's RF was not as good as my V60i, A310, or 4500.

6. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    For me it's a different story. The Nokia 3589i phone is great. I was having problems with reception in my home to the point I canceled on Verizon. After checking with cooperate over the whole situation (long story..as the store damaged my prior phone...and gave me a crappy replacement) I threw a fit contacted them....and requested the Nokia 3589i phone. They gave it to me for free...and gave me service credits and turned around my ETF and such.

Now granted where I live although on the map I'm dead center in pure digital coverage...but we have this little pocket of trees and distractions I guess. But otherwise I get full bars of reception everywhere else without the external antenna. The Nokia 3589i has been a life saver. I can hold a signal great in my home....sound is fine. I have yet to drop a call even with 1 bar of reception. If you put it in a good case it's nice and solid...and true it doesn't have all the bells and whistles but at least I know I can get service. Other providers in my home get strong service...but all my family and friends have Verizon and I need the "in" network....since the only phone I have is my cell.
    I haven't had to pull out the antenna yet...but right out of the mouth of cooperate they said it was the strongest RF phone they carry. And the antenna if you need to pull it out is nice and long.

Anyway that is just my :twocents:. Good luck in whatever you choose :)

7. WillGayther

WillGayther Junior Member

"if I didn't need analog I would get a Samsung a530 or a LG vx 3200"
    But the LG vx3200 does have analog!

CWick - if the rf on your 3589i wasn't as good as the rd on the 3589i - well, it makes me want to make a comment about smoking crack. I have had both, and the 3589i was clearly the better phone reception wise. Maybe you got a bad one, because there was no comparison in reception for me. I assume you tried out the phone, and weren't judging by the number of bars displayed, so I don't know why you would have such a different experience. I had the 3589i for a couple of months, and the 4500 for a week, and I just could not live with the reception on the 4500 again. The 3589i, on the other hand, only dropped a call once while I had it (that was while driving alongside cliff), and once actually made a call from within a brick school building where it wasn't getting any bars whatsoever for reception (and the voice on the other end wasn't even dropping out!).