Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

service suggestions

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by lindal rogers, Dec 7, 2005.

1. lindal rogers

lindal rogers New Member

i'm looking for a cellular service for the least money. i use a cell phone very infrequently but want one with me at all times. all calls would be from or to the greater boston area.

thank you

2. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    I'm moving this to the Northeastern U.S. thread.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. veritytell

veritytell New Member

I have used Cingular and Verizon service plan. If you plan to use Verizon Wireless Service I stongly suggest that you check your bill carefully each time you receive the bill. Most likely you will find they made an error favoring their side. Cingular made less mistakes in billing but you might find that in some areas the reception is not strong. Another suggestion is that with Verizaon Wireless service make a copy of your last payment before you cancel they will send you a bill even one year from the date of your cancellation so you need to be prepared to defend your self. Don't assume that everything went smoothly even you don't hear from Verizon Wireless for few months. Save your cancelled checks for proof!

4. josephd

josephd Tomorrow is another day.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    :)
    My one day port to Verizon last year resulted in me getting new bills for 300.00 even though I had service for one day and returned all the equipment, and I contacted someone from the Corporate office and thought she squared it away and I would get a bill for the insurance for the month(5.00) on my phone(fair enough). So now where is the bill 2 months later?? I also still get e-mails that my cancelled account is available for viewing but I can never get into it to see if I can clear things up. VZW was an option for me if my Cingular service goes south again once leaf peeping season begins in April but now I am wondering if that would be a good idea since their billing dept. has issues to clear up, and who knows this mess with my billing would probably come back to haunt me if I decided to start up service with them again.

5. josephd

josephd Tomorrow is another day.

My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    For the times I frequent Boston through work I have to say my Cingular service works very well.

6. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    Least money would have to be T-Mobile. They have a plan for $19.99 that gives you 60 anytime minutes and 500 weekend (not night, just weekend) minutes. If 60 aren't enough anytime minutes the next plan up is $29.99 and has 300 anytime minutes and unlimited weekend minutes. Sprint also has a $29.99 plan which I like better because you get free minutes for nights and weekends.

You might also consider a prepaid plan but they can be a pain to manage.

7. macsesso

macsesso Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless
    You are talking of an isolated incident. It doesn't happen to every one of their millions of customers. I have never had a problem with incorrect billing.

Your post and my reply could apply to any carrier.

8. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    A Prepaid phone might also be a choice depending on how many mins a month you plan on using the phone, either Verizon or Cingular should be good choices in the Boston area.

9. Suliman

Suliman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Katana (2)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Millenicom
    Here is one possibility:

http://www.stimobile.com/

Suliman