Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

service in mt.

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Does anyone have any information on which carriers have service in the Billings Mt. area. I am aware that Montana is not a big market but I will b emoving there in the coming months. Any help would be great.

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    You can rule out Sprint. A company called 3 Rivers wireless has a CDMA 1900 PCS network in Billings MT.

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
  4. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Talk to people in your area and see what service they have. Cellular one usually has good promotions

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

VS has limited service in MT. Might want to give them a call. I drove thru MT a few months ago and was shocked to have service in parts of MT. Can't remeber what city for sure, but there was a college/university there. However, most of the drive (I-90) there was no service.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Howdy Billings!!!!!

This is Trix in Kalispell! [​IMG]

Your Choices are: Blackfoot Communications, CellularOne, Verizon.

Personally, I went with from Blackfoot to Verizon.

I am here from work, so I don't have my pwd, but u can email me if you have any questions...just find trix in the members area and my email is yamaha_blue@msn.com

~*~Trix~*~

8. Trix

Trix Junior Member

OK this might make it easier...now i can think straight too....

The reason why I started with Blackfoot is because they don't require a credit check to get a cellphone, they were digital, and it came out of ur checking acct every month. The only thing is the local calling areas are small...here is a map....So, by looking at the map, your local calling area would be Billings & Laurel and surrounding area.

Blackfoot Map

Even tho it shows Kalispell (top left corner) covered pretty good, you lose the signal less than 5 miles out of town, and forget C. Falls, because they loose the signal on the north side of main st. even then, at the time, it worked for me. I still have the service, but a friend uses the phone and the service and pays me for the bill -- she has no checking acct which is a requirment for the plan I am on.

I went for Verizon from there...because they offer a lot of options "standard" that cellular one charges you for as "options". Besides, hubby and I travel all over this state and I like VZW coverage better. I didn't lose my signal once onthe way to Libby which I think is downright amazing.

VZW was the only on analog here until last week. Billings should be fine since it's one of Montana's "major cities" lol....makes up for those people here that have to drive 2-3 hrs to get to mcdonalds.