Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Service in Ithaca

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by AzNxJZ, Apr 22, 2002.

1. AzNxJZ

AzNxJZ New Member

It's my turn to ask about service [​IMG]

I'm in Pittsburgh for college now, but I am attempting to transfer to Cornell which is in Ithaca New York. I am going with Verizon Wireless, but I just was wondering if anyone knows about the service in that area (good, bad, ugly?). Chances are I'll stay in Pittsburgh, but just in case I get accepted.....

Thanks

Jacob Sze[​IMG]

2. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Voicestream has coverage in Ithaca, and I know people who have had good experiences in different places in New York. Check out this link to the Voicestream Wireless (New York (city listings)). It shows Ithaca and Ithaca College in the list aswell, this ensures that you will have coverage there.

3. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    accoriding to a person from another thread verizon is the best in that area

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

but there's no coverage in Rochester which is the next city.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I hope the "no coverage in Rochester" applies to VoiceStream.

I have excellent Verizon service in Rochester. This is the home of the old Rochester Telephone, later Frontier Telephone, now Verizon Wireless.

As for Jacob, stay with Verizon.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

That's true: Voicestream has no coverage in Rochester which is considered a city and Buffalo also a city.

7. aiwapro

All of this doesn't matter, Jacob is asking about coverage in Ithaca, not Rochester, not Buffalo, Ithaca. Sure everyone can quote what cities Voicestream doesn't have coverage in now, because I put the city listing in my post above. Wow, what a lot you guys know. Ha Ha.

8. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

ummm......i think that poster was trying to be helpful because there is a good chance that a college student in Ithaca would travel to towns nearby at times for social reasons and he was pointing out that voicestream doesnt work in some nearby areas. thats all.

9. aiwapro

I understand.

10. AzNxJZ

AzNxJZ New Member

thanks for the replies.

I really like Verizon and the T300, but I can't find the phone for a good price. I was also looking at the 5150 for Sprint, but Sprint really sucks in my area and I would be paying for roaming a lot...so it's not really worth it even though the 5150 looks to be a cool phone [​IMG]

Jacob

11. aiwapro

So what will be your choice? I'm sure Sprint PCS will get better, and Voicestream will develop coverage in Rochester and Buffalo. But remember that Voicestream does have coverage in Ithaca, and Ithaca college.

12. AzNxJZ

AzNxJZ New Member

voicestream's phones suck..

[​IMG]

at least I mean they don't have the ones I'm looking for, even though the Q105 is similar to the T300

13. aiwapro

14. DaCurryman

DaCurryman Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    For more information from 2 Cornell Students, read Jason's entry and my entry (the 2 long entires) in the following thread.

Linky Linky