Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Service for Poconos

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by ruddy64, Jul 11, 2002.

1. ruddy64

ruddy64 Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Whatever works for ME!!!
    I live i NY but plan to spend alot of time in Poconos. What would be the best service provider?

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Verizon would probably be your best bet.

3. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    I would defiantly agree with Dobby on this one, Verizon worked flawlessly in the Poconos and Camelback.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

I got a great signal in Camelback's parking lot last year. I think that along I-80 Sprint has pretty good coverage. Not sure how far off the beaten path you can go before you lose it.

5. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

I miss Camelbacks Alpine slide. [​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Guest

sprint has poor signal on I80 New Jersey side

7. jason

jason Member

8. jason

jason Member

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Uh - if you are at Camelback, any of the providers will work for you. Everyone (Verizon, Sprint, Nextel, VS, and ATT) have towers atop Camelback which cover I-80 for several miles either way.

I would disagree with the statement that VZW is the best in the Poconos. ATT has several sites which VZW does not share. These include Long Lake (By pocono Raceway), Brodheadsville, and two sites which were just put totally out in the middle of the woods north of Stroudsburg.

I would argue that Poconos Coverage really is dependent on where in the Poconos you are. If you are staying close to the Interstates and major attractions, any of the carriers will work for you. If not, either VZW or ATT will be ok, but ATT DOES have slightly more complete coverage.

jason

10. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

sprint has poor service on i-80 the jersey side? i beg to differ i live in nj and have traveled i-80 E constantly to the city and several times gone 80 west all the way to pennsylvania to go hiking at the delaware water gap and never lost service.

11. scarman

scarman New Member

Dooby10 the alpine slide rocks. Except they make you pay to get in the water park to ride it. Bummer

12. kyocera2235verizon

kyocera2235verizon Junior Member

I live right near Big Boulder Mountain in the Poconoes, and I use Verizon and it works perfectly for me.

13. jason

jason Member

14. jason

jason Member

Gee -

I keep messing up trying to post.

There is a vzw tower atop the mountain at Big Boulder.

FYI, Sprint, Nextel, ATT, and Voicestream have sites there too.

jason

15. ruddy64

ruddy64 Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Whatever works for ME!!!
    I just came back from Poconos (Big Bass Lake) and my phone AT&T V60t worked pretty good most of the time. Indoor reception left alot to be desired but outdoor I had no major problems. My friend's Verizon was about the same. But at the Camel Back my reception was perfect, while his was about average

16. Guest

Guest Guest

VOICESTREAM is worst in the POCONOS. Their signal appears and dissappears I think it's because they're using 1900 MHz.