Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SERO Storefront

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by SmArTeStChIlD421, Aug 4, 2007.

1. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    ive been observing changes to the SERO storefront over the past several months...........they started out running it all through InPhonic which many know can prove to be a hassle.........then they switched it to an informational page with a 1800 number while they were doing major site updates.........now they are hosting an Employee Referral Storefront which is a nice change....

EDIT: Oh and SERO now works with PowerSource you just need to select one of the Walkie Talkie SERO plans then it gives you the option of PowerSource phones

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I just ordered my ic902 w/ SERO today. I am just wondering about when they finally turn off iDEN in a few years how that will affect the current plans with DirectConnect. Will the plans stay the same and users will just have to buy new handsets to utilize QChat? I am assuming that is what they will do. Since I figure then those new handsets will have 800MHz CDMA roaming capabilities.....will they add roaming automatically on to the current people with PowerSource plans? With me switching to PowerSource, I loose a lot of national coverage and free mobile to mobile. However, since I really don't roam, I guess it really will not affect me much but, it would be nice to have it available.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I also noticed that on the SERO sight after you sign in with an email address that it tells you that ALL plans have unlimited txt messaging included. That promotion is slated to end 9/29/07. However, when you get to the part of the ordering process where you choose what services you want, it doesn't give you the option of free unlimited txt, you have to pay the cost. It doesn't matter if you going the rout of Sprint PCS or Nextel, it has the same glitch.

4. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    Well i just tried to check out the SERO offerings as I do from time to time and Mozilla gave me the following message:
    You have reached a web page that is temporarily unavailable due to required maintenance.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and respectfully request that you try again later.

Hmmmmm....

5. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Why are you worrying about a plan you won't be on by the time anything happens to the Nextel network? I don't see them offering five year contracts as a option.

6. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I am not worried. I am just curious because I don't want to loose my SERO plan. That is what it is. A SERO plan with Direct Connect. That is why I was asking about it because I am curious as to what Sprint is planning to do. Will they make people change to completely new plans when the shut down happens or will the plans people currently have be changed in such a way that Direct Connect just gets replaced with QChat and all that is needed is to buy a new handset. I don't plan on switching carriers anytime soon. I was just curious.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    no this isn't gonna be like the Cingular Wireless-AT&T Wireless where the plans are gonna be completely different.............Sprint and Nextel have already merged as a company and therefore the services and plans are the same............all you do is when upgrade time comes around select a CDMA phone and extend your contract 2 yrs and Sprint wont think anything of it.........the only way they can make you get rid of your SERO plan is by terminating your contract and then you can leave and they have lost a customer.........doesnt make sense.........

8. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well, thanks for your replies to my post in this thread. I had cancelled my order......again....for the ic902. I gave them two chances; I first ordered through the web.....cancelled that after they were taking too long in shipping my order. Second time I ordered on the phone and they took too long again. The second time I gave it even more time and they never shipped out my handset and no one could give me a solid explanation as to why so I said ___k it. LOL Its not worth it.

9. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah...........i dont see why the powersource wouldnt work with sero.........oh well.............sorry bud

10. TelcomJunkie

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Did they say if was in stock? All the phones I've ever ordered from Sprint, especially through telesales arrived within two days, usually shipped via next day air.

11. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    that would make sense but you would think that it the person was ordering online or through telesales that a red flag would go up in the system that they were out of stock

12. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well, every person I spoke to gave me a different reason as to why and one of those people just happen to mention "out of stock" but, since I got different reasons from different people, it tells me that they had no idea what was going on. Its not like they're signing up customers by the truck load.....lol.

13. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    welll................that seems to be the case now that they revamped the site and reset all the employee addresses to work with more referrals

14. TelcomJunkie

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    You would think, but once they submit the order it goes to the warehouse. To them an order is an order, powersource, SERO, anything... it doesn't matter. They get the order in and ship it out unless it's out of stock of course.

I'm tempted to say it was out of stock but no mentioned it or noticed it.

15. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i guess so...........but there must have been a change in the mind of Sprint if the reset trhe employees pool of referrals

16. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    What was funny is that when I ordered through the phone, my ic902/SERO the dumb asses never asked for the email addy which I thought was odd. Another thing too is that when I first tried ordering online, I had a deposit of 150.....the second time when I ordered through the phone.....no deposit. I was like WTF? LOL

17. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah well those deposits are usually cuz of bad credit or no credit...........and i think all the reps have given up asking for email addresses when orders are called in