Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SERO Question..............

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by sricke, Jul 31, 2007.

1. sricke

sricke New Member

Just to clarify.......As an existing sprint customer with 2 phones, shared minutes. I can or can not use my current phone numbers? I logged into the SERO Site with a valid email and it asked me if I wanted to port numbers. I entered both of my numbers in and it said that they could be transfered. Is this true or not? Also I could not get SERO with 2 phones (1 for me, 1 for my wife) we would each need to get our own SERO Account with new numbers and phones.....right? Can we keep our numbers and current phones? I am pretty sure that we would have to grt new phones, but what about the website leading me to believe that we can port our numbers? TIA for any help.

2. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hey sricke, are you currently under a Sprint contract? If not, then you can definately get SERO. Since your are a current sprint customer would shouldn't have any issues moving your numbers to the SERO plan. There are no shared plans with SERO, so yes you and your wife will have seperate plans. You will not need a new phone to use SERO. Let us know if youve got any other questions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BlazeKicks

BlazeKicks New Member

hello im a newbie but i have the same diliema.
    im also a current sprint customer my 2 Year contract ends in Oct and i want to get on the sero plan NOW and keep my Number..i was on the sprint.com/sero and it said i can port my number..so here is my Question if i get on SERO plan now and port my number will i be charged a Termenation Fee for switching from my sprint plan to the SERO ?
    Thanks!

4. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i can give you like a 95% guarantee that that won't work. It says that it can port the numbers but you cant port a number out of Sprint back into Sprint.........it just wont work..........i checked a number before to try and port it and it said it could but then i went to port it and they just couldnt do it...........even if you are out of contract you have to call in and at this point most reps are educated enough to know that SERO is only for new customers...........all the old promotional emails that were dloating around the web have expired and even if you do manage to get a rep to switch you they might ask for an email AND EVEN IF THEY SWITCH YOU without the email SERO plans are being audited and if they see that you were a current customer and switched to SERO they might cancel your service............it has happened already

even if you could do that under the nose of the regulations.......what would happen is you would get a fresh contract from the end of your billing cycle. so if you sign up in the middle of the month at the end of the month you SERO plan will go into effect and a new 2yr contract would begin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...