Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SERO + Port, Will I Make It In Time?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by leetsauce, Apr 30, 2006.

1. leetsauce

leetsauce New Member

Hello,

I am a current T-Mobile subscriber. My contract has ended earlier this month, and my bill cycle ends on the 2nd. I found out about the SERO plans today (yes I know I'm late), and I'm very interested in switching over. I would like to port my number, but at the same time I would like to have my T-Mobile subscription cancelled before the 3rd (by the 2nd) to avoid being charged for another month's service (unless this isn't true and I won't be charged if I go over for one day, which I highly doubt).

I was wondering if I was to order tonight (or early tomorrow), will my number be ported in time for my T-Mobile bill cycle cutoff?

I would also like to have a Sprint e-mail for signing up please. I would be very grateful if someone could PM one to me.

Thanks in advance,
    leetsauce

2. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    As soon as the port request is received by T-Mobile they cancel your account, so the question is whether anyone at this hour will be around to initiate the port request.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leetsauce

leetsauce New Member

So, if I were to order tonight, the port request would be initiated by tomorrow, thus making it in time for the cut off?

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    You've got a PM.

5. comptech2002

comptech2002 New Member

Here is how the porting system works....You do a request with Sprint to port your number over......They will then send a request to Tm.....during this time your T-mobile phone will continue to work.....IF CS programs your phone correctly with your ported number from T-mobile and the proper MSID.....when you T-mobile phone stops working your Sprint phone will start working at the same time...Porting can take any time from a few hours up to * worse cases* 30days.....The time frame isnt controled by the FCC......but there are people complaining bout not having thier numbers ported by the 30 day standard

6. ZaphodB

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    When I ported from T-Mo to Verizon, they initiated the port, packed up my stuff into a bag, and by the time I got to my car the port was done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. leetsauce

leetsauce New Member

I ordered at 12AM of 5/1/06, and even now (6:54 of 5/2) its still in the "approval" stage.

How long do they take to approve my credit? My credit is clean, shouldn't have any problems at all.

8. JustRob

JustRob New Member

Another option is that Sprint (at least the store I went to) said that they could port my number later, after the contract with the other provider has expired.

NOTE: I know it's been said here 1000 times but again just for clarity; you have to have service (but no contract unless you want to $$ ETF) with the provider having your old number. Once you terminate service with the old provider, and don't port, your phone number is gone.

9. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Same with us. When we ported from Sprint to Verizon last January, our port was completed on both phones after we got in the car and put our seat belts on.

10. snaproll

snaproll New Member

OK, here's my plan for SERO/keep old number, anybody shoot holes in this???

I'm a current Nextel customer with a phone number I want to keep, but I want the SERO plan. My commitment period is over, so I'm a "free agent", no Early Termination to worry about.

Plan A: I already have a Sprint employee email address for the referral. The best approach I can come up with to keep my existing number is this: Go to a Sprint Store, tell them I want to purchase a Sprint phone, port my existing number over (effectively canceling Nextel service), and get a minimal "regular" Sprint rate plan.... but as a "retention" pre-condition, I want them to give me written approval from whatever powers-that-be, that after activation, I CAN be switched over to the SERO plan of my choice. And that if for whatever reason after activation they will NOT switch me to SERO, I'll be allowed to cancel my "new" plan without an early termination fee, even though I'll have agreed to a 2-year contract. (Since I'm not really a new customer, I don't get the 14-day grace period in case anything goes wrong, so I think it's important to establish that I won't owe an EFT if this falls through). And get all this noted in my account, and get a copy of it. (And hopefully get the $150 rebate off phone purchase, for retention purposes. ) If they don't buy all of that, then...

Plan B: Flat-out cancel my Nextel service and accept losing my phone number. Then I'll become a "new" Sprint customer, purchase a new phone with the $150 "new customer" rebate, get a "regular" plan with the 14-day grace period, and then attempt to get customer service to switch me over to SERO plan during my 14-day trial period. If they WON'T, then I'll take back the phone and cancel the plan before 14 days, thus no longer a customer, and then fall back on ...

Plan C: As a non-customer with a referral in hand, I go through the SERO website for new phone/SERO plan from Infonics. If THAT doesn't work for some reason, then....

Plan D: Become a Cingular customer with Roll Over and FastForward. :devil:

Shoot holes in that, anybody? Think "Plan A" could work? Any advice, warnings? Am I wrong to assume I could cancel my plan, turn around and buy a new phone/plan, and get a 14-day trial period again, if necessary? :confused:

11. ZaphodB

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    Re: OK, here's my plan for SERO/keep old number, anybody shoot holes in this???

Employees are not authorised to make changes to the contract, so your plan A is a wish.

12. snaproll

snaproll New Member

Zaph, what the... ????

ZaphodB, I don't follow your point at all.

This thread is full of other people's examples where they effectively got CS reps to switch their existing plans to SERO. That would seem to invalidate your comment. Are they not employees? Or were you just referring to in-store employees, as being unable to change existing contracts to SERO? That I would understand. :confused:

(Yo Zaph or anybody, got a quick answer?? Because I'm just about to roll out the door and head off to the Sprint store for this.) :scared:

#12 snaproll, May 15, 2006
    Last edited: May 15, 2006
  13. snaproll

snaproll New Member

WHOO HOO !! Got switched over to SERO on my FIRST call to customer service, no hassles! Bought my phone/plan in Sprint store a few days ago, just the minimim Fair and Flexible. Store guy ported my existing Nextel number, a keeper. Then today the switch. The girl that switched me sounded like a little New Delhi fox, I think she loves me. :D

Now switched to SERO, I've already downloaded Mini and am enjoying my favorite websites on my A920, plus catching live news video from Fox and some free tunes from Sirius. Smokin....

So I guess Plan A wasn't just a dream after all, heh heh .... :devil:

Now if they'll just give me incoming calls free, calls to any 10 numbers on any network free, and roll-over minutes, I'll call it a day. :lmao:

Only thing I probably still have to get straightened out is, with the language differences, I couldn't quite clear up the "Free PCS Picture Mail" thing with her. She's convinced it's included in the "Unlimited Power Vision" package with SERO, but I don't think it is. I think it has to be an add-on, at $0 charge.

14. sprintcustomercare

sprintcustomercare New Member

Holes, Holes, Holes! Simply with any employee referral you may sign up on the sero plan with Nextel or Sprint. The catch... only ordering online and purchasing your phone from Inphonic, howeve since your already a subscriber..... yet call customer care explain the issue provide them with the employee's email address just for validation and we can still work our system and get your started on the sero plan. NO need to cancell and do all that crazy stuff, plus your causing your self extra fee's by doing it that way.

15. cobaltsssc

cobaltsssc New Member

I need some expert help, ive been trolling the forums and just switched to sprint in 17801 area code on friday nite. I have been trying to get a rep to switch me to the 500 sero program with no luck out of 8 calls from last nite and today totalling over 5 hours on the phone or more. Can somebody point me in the right direction ? I already got my samsung a940 and can use it but just found out about the sero programs. I did check on nextels site and they offer the sero programs for me but i like this phone better if i can keep with it and sprint .. thanks for any help ... emailcobaltsssc@gmail.comwith any info

16. Gman

Gman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The Treo 700P seems to have shown up as available on the SERO site today if anyone has been waiting.