Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SERO plan and corporate discount?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by edacsac, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edacsac

edacsac New Member

I have a the 25% corparate discount on my plan. Can I get SERO and 25% and have a super cheap plan? Just a thought. I just read about SERO today.

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Nope, unless you get really, really, really lucky don't even think about it cause it won't happen.

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Oh boy. :rolleyes: Why not just ask for free service. Sprint is barely making anything on the SERO plans to begin with. I highly doubt they give anyone an extra 25% off on top of it. Besides the SERO plans are supposed to be for new customers/activations only. Not for exisiting customers unless you're adding a new line.

4. edacsac

edacsac New Member

Lol... Thanks for the replies! I was just curious.

5. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Especially with recent happenings with Sprint. I wouldn't ask for that. LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    If they did allow that the cheapest plan would be 22.50. HA! Sometimes I feel guilty that I get my service so cheap... but then again I'm on the $50 plan.

7. zamboni77

zamboni77 Supreme CadGuru

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    On treocentral.com where I am also a member someone got a cancellation notice because they have called sprint c/s too many times. Strange no? I think sprint is realizing they are losing a ton of money by getting people to sign up on their service for dirt cheap and now are setting limits.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I'm beginning to think that Sprint should do away with the SERO plans. Too many people getting greedy and wanting too many discounts and freebies. Then when something goes wrong you hear all these people complaining like Sprint has really screwed them over. It's Sprint's own fault though for their policies and letting this happen. It's not worth it.

9. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I think their problem was they opened it to the public & didn't leave it for employee's & family.
    I agree they hurt themselves by doing this & need to eliminate it.

10. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yep I think the SERO plans were a good idea in the beginning but after seeing people on the forums starting to take them for granted and wanting more and then bashing Sprint when something went wrong or because they couldn't get the best SERO deal as the other guy, things went downhill fast. Like someone else already mentioned, it's a trade off. You get a cheap deal that no other carrier can touch but in return you might have to accept customer service that's not the greatest. But people want to have their cake and eat it too.

11. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Larry, Customer Service hold times are the same, whether I am a cheap ___ SERO customer or a normal customer paying $200 per month. NORMAL people still dial *2 and can be on hold forever. Of course some people on boards expect too much out of a SERO plan, but what about millions and millions of Normal Sprint customers who pay their normal bills and still hold forever to get to talk to a normal person? And don't tell me we don't care about these people.

12. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Andy there's no denying that customer service needs improvement. However on the online forums it seems that the people on SERO plans are the ones complaining the most about issues. So I'm referring to those people primarily as the ones who want their cake and eat it to. Customers on regular plans with no discounts and such have more of a right to bash the customer service if in fact they have such problems because they're paying a lot more for their service. But I don't see nearly as many complaints from regular customers as I do from SERO customers. Does that make sense? :D

By the way Sprint is currently in the process of moving their customer service back to the US and also switching customers over to a new billing system. This could explain why the hold times are longer and more errors are being reported. But this is a temporary thing and should be worked out soon.

13. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Yeah, Larry, I know what you mean. Part of me was just giving you a hard time. :D
    However, it is interesting to note that normal Sprint customers do not complain about hold times. Certainly hold times are not less for higher paying customers, so I wonder why they just suck it up and deal with it. But, on the other hand, SERO customers are much more demanding from what you hear/read on online forums...it's weird!

14. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Because I think the people that sign up for SERO tend to be less loyal and harder to satisfy and as a result become more irate if something doesn't go their way. I'm also thinking that the SERO plans are a little harder to set up and the odds of something going wrong are higher than if you just went the regular route. SERO customers likely call customer care much more than other customers and that could also add to the increased wait times we've been seeing lately. But someone who works for Sprint tells me that is not that case and that the SERO plans are simple and easy to set up with one code that has everything included. So who knows... Regular customers like me don't need to call as often and therefore do not know about or are not as inconvienced by the longer wait times.

I don't even have a SERO or retention deal and have just a normal plan with a 10% credit union discount. So my deal is certainly not as good as most Sprint users online have even though I could have easily gamed the system and got a better deal.

15. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Why don't you switch to one of the SERO plans if it would save you money? :D

You are right about the expectations. I honestly don't think that SERO plans are that hard to set up. When I called Sprint, the lady I was talking to did not spend much time at all setting up my actual plan; most of the time was spent getting my information, running my credit check, and letting me know I was qualified for 5 more lines based on my credit.

How many SERO customers do you think there are by now? I wonder how successful this has been for Sprint- looking around on online forums, one could think it has been pretty decently successful, to say the least.

16. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I have heard of many people having a corporat discount with sero. I think that is wrong but one thing I dont think is wrong is if people get the loyalty discount if they have been with Sprint for a while they deserve to get this IMO. I know a way to get a corporate discount on a Sero plan but I do not have this because I dont feel it is fair and just a side not DO NOT contact me asking how to get this added because I will just delete your request.

17. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Why would you even tell the OP that at all....Now their really going to be looking for a discount and they will be right back on here with a "SPRINT SUCKS BALLS" Thread.....

I can't believe OP even posted something like that after everything going on now....This is what Im talking about...I too am starting to think Sprint should scrap SERO or heavily restrict it to more then just Email addy's this is getting INSANE, I most wanted to throw my laptop through the window when I seen this topic...

Mods you guys need to start deleting these post and make stickies about make such absurd inquiries "NO THREADS ABOUT SERO WITH DISCOUNTS AND FREEBIES. Get a job and pay you bill like the rest of us.

18. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Let me tell you something right now I am just relaying information I know of about the topic at hand. I dont mind when people have a different opinion about something I post dont question why i posted it mmmk. Also everyone has the right to post what they would like the OP can post just like you can if you dont like it then you have the choice to not click on it. Also dont tell the mods what they need to do they are a bunch of kick ___ people that I highly respect and if they see a problem then they will do soemthing about it.

19. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Hold On Just a Second...

1st- Your relaying false hope to the OP...Its is Sprint policy that additional discounts and NVP's CANNOT be applied to SERO. That is FACT.

2nd - Its not about a difference of opinion its about leading the OP into something that gets flames wars started and has Sprint in this mess with people trying to leech...If your going to give advise give FACTUAL, Policy approved advise.

3rd- Its has been stated time and time again what the policy is regarding SERO. and the OP could have clicked on any one of the other 10000000000000 threas pretaining to Sero to find this information out

4th- I can click and read any damn post please, and if someone (like you did in your prior post) is giving out incorrect information, I have a right to call you out on it.

Final- Ryan dont make this personal....You were feeding the sheer problem that we were trying to put a stop to "People trying to game the system"....Me making a suggestion to the mods is just that a suggestion, they can take however they want, but as much as they complain about the problem as I do...You think they would be alittle proactive about this....TS over on HOFO made an incredible WIKI regarding SERO, I think we need to post a link in this forum as well. To help detur those that want to game for discounts and freebie's on SERO....

Try to stay objective.......:cheers:

20. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I think the OP got all the info he could possibly get from this thread.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.