Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SERO + New A920?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by rathsa22, Jun 6, 2006.

1. rathsa22

rathsa22 New Member

Sorry if this is duplicative...i just found out about SERO, and after reading through about a million posts, am still a bit confused on the best way to do this..

Here's my situation -- I've been with Sprint for 3 years, and I qualify for a $150 upgrade. I'm not currently under contract.

I would like to upgrade to a Samsung A920...but as far as I can tell, it will still cost me $150, even with my rebate. However, Amazon and a few other sites are offering the A920 for free with "new service." I'm happy to sign a new 2 year contract if it means I get the phone for free.

I also want a new number -- I've moved states, and I no longer want my old number. I could keep it if necessary, but ideally I'd prefer to switch. In a weird wrinkle, Amazon also doesn't show the A920 as being available in my zip code.

On top of all this, I'd also like to be on the $30 SERO plan.

Bottom line -- As an *existing* customer, what's the best way to get the A920 for free, with a new number, on the $30 SERO plan?

Can I just cancel my current service, lose the $150 upgrade rebate, buy the phone as a "new customer" a few hours later, then call CS and ask them to switch me to SERO? Do I go through the SERO website, get the new phone for $150 and then call CS to apply my old rebate to my new phone?

Last question -- the area I live in doesn't have EVDO, and probably won't any time soon. I still want the A920 for the mp3/camera, etc...and because I travel enough that I'll have EVDO access a fair amount. I'm assuming that on the SERO plan with unlimited power vision, my phone will still work to access the web at home, it will just run at the older, slower speed?