Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

sero liability transfer problems

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by rcuellar13, Dec 10, 2011.

1. rcuellar13

rcuellar13 New Member

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have a sero plan that i have has for years and i have been looking for someone whom is getting rid of there sero plan. I finaly found some one that is getting rid of the sero so i tried calling the special sero line to transfer liability but sprint reps are telling me that it cant be done. I talked to a few reps and they have told me the same. Does anyone know if they are just giving me the run around or liability transfer can not be done.

2. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    Here are some directions that I saw posted that claim to be successful. (credit to WedgeMonkey)

Note: The person buying this plan should be responsible for attempting the transfer of liability on the line. It seems to be a your mileage may vary type of process since it's after October 1. But with Sprint, it was always that way. From reading other posts, it just depends on which customer service rep you get, so if it doesn’t work the first time, you can just call back. Here is the suggested script from sprint users:

This has always been the way I have done it and I have never had any issue..
    1.- Have the person TAKING over the plan call A.S. 877-775-4886
    2.- They tell Sprint the name on the account and number they are taking over. Also the number to contact the plan owner.
    3.- Sprint rep calls owner gets pin, owner tells Sprint to call you back if there are any issues transferring the line.. DONE..

3. aleck

aleck New Member

One more related question. Is it feasible for a SERO owner to do a TOL without loosing your phone number, i.e. porting it before or after the TOL. Thank you for your help.

4. timgarner

timgarner New Member

aleck, i had the same question. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance