Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SERO and Family Share Plans

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Steve B, May 16, 2006.

1. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Does those SERO plans only apply to individual accounts or family share as well?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    I don't think you can do Family Share Plans on them. I believe I remember Larry saying that. Don't tell me you're considering Sprint again. ;)

3. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Just a thought. I got Cingular to let me out of my contract on both of my lines. I am about to head to Southcenter Mall and see if my friend is working (Cingular) and see what kind of deals I can get. =) Since my contracts are out now, I am considering Sprint too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Sprint deal is making me have a look at them as well. SERO is a hell of a deal, especially with all the features included. Cingular can't come close to matching that.
    How did you manage to get out of your contract?
    I got out of my Cingular contract last week, maybe roaming too much played a role in that too. ;)

5. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I emailed Stan because I been having issues with my phones. This isn't the first time either. I just wish they could've hooked me up with free phones. Oh well, at least now that I am out of my contracts that I have choices.

6. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The SERO plans are individual only. Of course you can get more than one of them by adding additional lines of service.

7. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks for the reply you guys. After consideration of some things. I just decided to keep my family plan with Cingular. Their coverage/service isn't bad for me, it is actually quite good. It is just that the phones I have had seem to go ____ up all the time. All the phones have one thing in common too......all were Motorolas. So I called Cingular and got my phones that I wanted for free. I got the LG CU320 for my primary line, free that would've been $149 w/$50 MIR. My secondary line got the Nokia 6102 for free that would've been free with online ordering anyway. The shipping and upgrade fees were waived also. So I am happy. I was considering the Moto V557 for my secondary line but, I wanted to get away from Motorola for a while. Hopefully, everything works out. If not, I do have the 30-day trial to take advantage of. The only thing I had to do was sign 2 year contracts for both lines. That was okay since I kind of already planned on it anyway.

8. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Well, good luck with Cingular. We would have loved to see you join us CDMA'ers again.

9. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Booooooooooooooooooo

10. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    :( I'm sorry. LOL Financially, right now, sticking with Cingular made sense because I have to have the family share and really can't afford to switch carriers again. With Cingular's service working just fine and them giving me my new phones, I really can't go wrong.

11. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Not doubting your decision or trying to talk you out of it, but how much are you paying for your Cingular Family Share Lines??? Wouldn't T-Mobile have the cheapest family share plans?

12. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

You are right. T-Mo would have given me more for my money. However, my credit is all crackin'. T-Mo would require $500 deposit per line. I personally think that is rediculous considering other carriers that I believe to be far more better in coverage and whatever else requires less deposit money.

13. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That's strange. I know people with no credit that all swarm over to T-Mobile because especially Verizon and Cingular want a hefty deposit.

14. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well when I last checked, T-Mo, was $500, VZW was $400, Sprint was $125. My credit hasn't changed in the last few years because I don't have any credit cards and don't make any kind of payments that would reflect good on my credit reports. I paid the $400 for VZW because I felt it was worth it and it was. Paying $125 for Sprint would be acceptable, however, I don't have that kind of money. Paying T-Mo $500 in my book is FAR FROM being acceptable. IMO coverage lacks compared to others. I used their service twice. Once was when I did decide to try them and the other was when I used another person's phone. I was not impressed. I wasn't impressed with T-Mo network quality/behavior. That is why I don't even come close to considering paying $500 for T-Mo. It just will not happen. When the companies I prefer cost less, that all the better for me.

15. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Another thing is that if I did have the money I would've switched my lines to Sprint because with their new plans, free-roaming, nights at 7pm, etc, that would've worked out for me. Cingular's service worked for me too but, the key thing that would've allowed me to leave one good service (Cingular) for another (Sprint) is the fact, I don't really want to be giving my business to the Ma-Bell wanna be. AT&T as a company has been acting really shady and wanting to do things (anti-net neutrality efforts) and I am not impressed.

16. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That's funny how Verizon was less than T-Mobile; it should be the complete opposite actually. When I first moved to the United States we had to make a $125 deposit. Actually Sprint activated our account and the next day our phone didn't work. A call to CS resulted in them telling us we need to pay a deposit or they won't reactivate our phones...so we did and got the money back after a year. Paying $500 for a service you don't consider worth it is pointless- I agree. Kind of weird how companies sometimes do it.
    Did you have to pay Cingular a deposit?

17. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Come on...$125 to get on a Sprint SERO plan...sleep over it. :D (Larry will like this, lol)

18. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

That is the interesting part, my deposit for Cingular was $200. However, I didn't pay squat. That is because, when I left VZW, I went to ATTWS and I didn't need a deposit at all for them.....I guess there were desperate for customers. Then when ATTWS merged with Cingular, I migrated to a Cingular plan as soon as they allowed me. So I basically was able to wiggle my way onto a Cingular plan without paying the deposits.

19. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I was going to call Sprint but, I didn't bother because I wouldn't have been able to do SERO because I NEED the family share plan and Larry did tell me SERO doesn't go with Family Share plans.

20. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T was hurting for customers. They were going to match my T-Mobile plan so I'd jump ship to them and that without even asking me what my plan was when I walked past them at the mall. They were simply pathetic.

Sprint SERO does not allow for Family Plans, but you are probably paying $59 plus taxes for your Cingular family plan anyways. With Sprint SERO you could be getting two $30 plans, which would include more minutes and features, for roughly the same monthly charge unless I"m seeing something wrong. ;)

21. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I think your idea would work. I didn' think of that. Although, I don't know about the depsoit though and SERO plans. Also, would Sprint allow me to do two seperate accounts like that or whatever?

22. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I'm not sure, but definitely something to ask Larry about.
    *He's going to be proud of my work* LOL ;)

23. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    He said he didn't know. I will have to check it out later.

24. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Let us know what happens, SBacklin.