Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SERO activation nightmare. Did they change your mobile #?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by itsme000, Sep 27, 2007.

1. itsme000

itsme000 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne Type V
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile To Go
    First, my area code is 503 and I'm on the $30 500+flex min plan.

When I was ordering my SERO service, I entered my area code + prefix to determine the area.

My new phone arrived with a randomly assigned phone number with a sticker on the box and on the shipping slip.

When I called to activate it, they asked for my number, then asked for my full SSN. They claim the number on the box isn't linked to my account.

CSR one asked if I'd like a 971 or 503 area code, then later said I have to activate all "SERO phones" online.

CSR two made me repeat a local phone # (Welcome to Sprint, we make you walk backward and repeat things over, all the time!) and tried to give me a Nova Scotia, CANADA area code 902.

After a bunch of frustration, I finally got my phone activated, but immediately after activation, my account showed a credit of ~ $160 (shows as -$160) and my account was in "$0 remaining until your spending limit of $150" and WTF mobile web gave me "spending limit exceeded"

I asked them "where the hell did that come from and why is my spending limit already exhausted out of the box?" Their answer? "I don't know".
    Asked to speak to a supervisor: "supervisor isn't available"
    Me: "if you're working, the supervisor is available, get me a supervisor"
    CSR "supervisor will tell you the samething"
    Me: "get me a supervisor"
    CSR "hello"
    Me: "are you the same person? "
    CSR "may I get your PIN please?"
    Me: "who is this?"
    CSR "PIN please?"
    Me "I gave it to you already earlier. who is this? Are you the supervisor?"
    Me repeats the idiot my PIN
    Supervisor "I don't know, I will transfer you to technical support"

If I manage to get this sh*t straightened out and the entire reason I'm putting up with their HORRIBLE, CS is because of the price, therefore, I'm going to ask them to lower my spending limit to $75/mo at which point the phone will be disconnected.

I'm not going to let myself exceed 500 anytime minutes and if I can set a $75/mo limit, then I won't have to worry about getting $3,000 bill and a collection for calls to Haiti and Pakistan made from Mexico if I ever lose my phone and don't realize the loss at the moment's notice.

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Unbelievable. If you were the first person to complain about Sprint's CS, I'd say it was an isolated incident, but since you are one of many, it obviously isn't. I cannot believe a supervisor can't even help you? Sprint has a mess on their hands.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    bad Cs bad CS :banghead:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...