Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sending email in Voicestream

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am able to download emails from my ISP using my cell phone but for some reason I can't reply to any of the messages or send new emails. I checked the outgoing email server settings and they appear to be correct. Is Voicestream blocking outgoing emails? Has anyone been able to send emails using the Voicestream network?

Thanks!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

read text messaging thread to europe w/ Voicestream

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I did read that thread and others regarding Voicestream data settings but they all referred to SMS messages and not Email specifically. I'm hoping that the WAP gateway will allow me to connect my outgoing ISP SMTP server since it does allow me to download Email via the POP3 server. Has anyone been able to get this to work?

Thanks!

4. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

I use Hotmail on my Voicestream phone and send and receive emails, but I don't do it through the POP3, I have to go to the actual Hotmail/MSN website and sign in. You should call customer care @1-800-937-8997 and ask to speak to the data department. They should be able to assist you better.

5. skadoo323

skadoo323 Junior Member

on a voicestream phone how do you access hotmail email? is it an option in one the the menus when you are using the browser?

6. aiwapro

It's not an option, you have to go to: mobile.msn.com and then click hotmail.

7. skadoo323

skadoo323 Junior Member

have any of you voicestream users experienced a problem with using the mobile web, like tonight i ge a message saying that the service is unavailable since they are upgrading their tmobile services

8. aiwapro

I think it's an upgrade in your area, because mine is just fine.

I did have the problem earlier in this week though.