Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Send Pictures thru your Nextel Direct connect

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Fire14, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Picture Service Added to iDEN Network

The USA based, Sprint has announced the availability of Nextel Direct Send Picture, a service that allows Nextel subscribers with capable Nextel phones the ability to send and review a picture quickly and easily, all while on a Nextel Walkie-Talkie call. The picture simultaneously appears on both the user's and recipient's phones during the call - so they can both view and discuss it without changing between voice and data services. This capability builds upon the Direct Send service launched last year that utilizes the Nextel Walkie-Talkie button to send contact information and transfer the data into another subscriber's contact list.

Nextel Direct Send Picture is ideal for those who communicate frequently about site observations and events taking place in real time. For example, realtors could use it to review and discuss a new property on the market with a client. Insurance adjustors assessing damage claims also would find the service valuable as they instantly communicate on-site information to their home office and customers, all using Walkie-Talkie capability.

"While sending pictures between mobile phones has been possible for quite some time, Direct Send Picture is unique in the marketplace because it allows customers to look at and discuss an image at the same time," said Tony Krueck, vice president, product development and management, for Sprint. "This kind of simple and efficient communication that is the hallmark of Nextel Walkie-Talkie services is of extreme value to our customers, especially those in the construction, insurance, real estate and public safety sectors."

Direct Send Picture is now available on the recently announced Motorola i870, and will be included on all future Nextel phones. Software upgrades to enable Direct Send Picture will also be rolled out over the coming weeks for select Nextel phone models already in the market including the Motorola i850, i760, i560, i355 and i275.

2. Gideon H

Gideon H Quase Três Anos Com WA!

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    I like how it is free for a little while. Too bad I can't take advantage of that...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...