Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Seeking for cell phone information

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by IWANTTOKNOW, Aug 27, 2002.

1. IWANTTOKNOW

IWANTTOKNOW New Member

My name is Manny
    I live in NYC

I never had a cell, and now is the time to get one. They are very important to have especially when you have 2 jobs and go to school (like myself). I'm looking for a plan under $30 dollars. I'm not a heavy user so I know I don't need one of those $40+ plans. Please tell me what is the best deal out there, because like I said I'm totally new at this and I don't want to make the wrong decision.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Xcoolrising122X

Xcoolrising122X New Member

If I were you I would go w/ voicestream/t-mobile since you are in the NYC area and they have really good plans. BUt you gotta ask some of the vets out there cuz they probably know more bout all this. Some would also recommend verizon too. I think in NYC you really can't go wrong with MOST companies.

3. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    right now the best plans are with cingular if your in the nyc area. as far as service goes cingular and verizon will rate about the same. i've had voicestream and gave it back in a week. now this was after changing the phone 3 times cause i thought that it was the phone. my advice go check out cingular or verizon. see which plan will work best for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

if you didnt thing voicestream worked for you cingular will not be any better coverage wise as for now they are sharing voicestreams towers thus coverage should be identical. in the city sprint and verizon are the best. i have heard nextel is good too though.

5. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    njscngulrgsm, NYC customers subscribing to Cingular will be using Voicestream's system so coverage quality will be the same with either one. Verizon is rated #1 in NYC. Highly recommended. Their plans are very good too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. EasyE

EasyE Junior Member

No carrier has 100% blanket coverage or perfect service. But Verizon comes closer than any of the others, and really does come close to 100% signal blanket, especially inthe NY Metro area.

CDMA technology has the greatest bandwidth, meaning fewest dropped calls. Only Sprint and Verizon offer CDMA here. Sprint is spotty if you leave the City proper, and has no analog fallback ability without paying thru the nose. In fact, you'll be paying thru the nose to use - VERIZON'S analog system!

Go with Verizon, and sleep well at night

7. chefofthefuture

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    In theory. In practice, "It Depends." When I had Sprint, I had far more dropped calls and missed calls than I do with ATT.

8. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    From what I can tell Cingular (GSM) has the best plans around your price range for NYC. Granted since Cingular is GSM in NYC you will get more limited coverage, but if you stick to the city my guess is you should be fine. Check them out at the links below.

Cingular NY

Cingular Wireless

9. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    TNDan 21 is right Cingular is a good choice in NYC since they share Voicestreams towers

For $29.99 You get there national prefered plan with 300 dayime minutes and 1000 night and weekend minutes

Jack

10. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Or with Voicestream you get the same anytime minutes but unlimited weekend minutes

Jack

11. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Jack, on Voicestreams $30 you get 200 minutes + Unlimited weekend + 500 (Text Messages) or 1 mb (Data)

12. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

That should be switching to 250 or 300 on 9/3 when the rebranding completes, I think......

13. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Sorry about that... BUT in my area Cleveland Ohio it is 300 minutes for either $29.99 plan

Jack