Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Secret Code list

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Gabriel, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    do any of you know of a book or something that lists all possible codes that can be used with nokia phones? how do the website developers know of all those codes? (i mean the original web pages, not the ones that copy the codes and put them in their won websites)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

Here you go.............read the warning.

The EFR works, I used it on my 8290 & 3390. Also added an internal antenna booster, seems that the EFR code & antenna booster gave me better signal strength. Here's proof, shopping in Costco, I could never get a signal, after adding both, I get 1 to 3 bars for signal strength.

NO RESPONSIBILITY IS TAKEN FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE AS A RESULT OF USING THESE CODES. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THEM YOU ARE ADVISED NOT TO TRY THEM OUT.

Firmware version:
    *#0000#
    *#51x0# or
    *#9999#

View Serial No., Date Made, Programming Date, Repaired:
    *#92772689#
    Thanks to Ben-Dov for this code

IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) Code:
    *#06#

Enhanced Full Rate (EFR):
    *3370# to activate EFR. Makes calls sound better, but decreases battery life by about 5%.
    #3370# to deactivate EFR

Half Rate Mode (HFR):
    *4720# to activate HFR. Decreases call quality but increases battery life by about 30%.
    #4270# to deactivate HFR.

Default Security Code:

Warranty Code:
    *#92702689# [*#war0anty#] asks warranty code. You can then type a number of codes (Thanks to Mike Pfaff for these codes):

6232 - Display date of manufacture
    7332 - Display date of last repair
    7832 - Display purchasing date
    9268 - Display serial number
    37832 - Set purchasing date to MMYY
    87267 - Confirm Transfer, Related to firmware upgrades
    #746025625# says SIM CLOCK STOP ALLOWED or similar, depending on your SIM card. Newer SIMs have a feature called 'clock stopping' that allows the phone to save energy -- it is a kind of sleep mode for SIM cards. Not all versions of software support this. You cannot turn the SIM clock on and off, the phone will do it automatically if the SIM supports clock stopping. For more information read this archive from the Nokia Nerds mailing list.
    (Many thanks to Philippe Roy for finally figuring this out.)

3. heino79

heino79 New Member

4. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    thank you both for your help.

are these the only codes in existance for nokias? or could there be more out there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BebeJuLi3t

BebeJuLi3t New Member

the EFR.... and the antenna booster... did u enter in the code without the booster or did u add the booster then enter the EFR code?

6. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

Used both. I don't care what people say about the antenna boosters, imho, they work. I have gotten better signal strength w/ the 7210 I am using w/ the antenna booster.

7. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    EFR is not an RF related setting. Therefore, it does not help with reception. They most likely installed a new tower nearby. If you get the chance try another phone that doesn't have the sticker. Chances are it will have a signal too.

8. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

Yup, I agree w/ you, there is a signal. You see, I work part time at a golf course. If & when I receive a call, or I make a call; the signal is weak, or the audio goes in & out of rhythm. Adding the antenna booster, well it has given the phone a better signal strength & now the audio is consistant. I keep the phone in my jeans pocket, before the antenna booster, I would not get the call, it would kick to vm. With the booster, it gives the phone 1-3 bars inside my pocket, that I can get phone calls.

So, I think those little suckers work. Weird, I still don't really understand how they work, but it does.

I will agree w/ you that the EFR does not improve the signal strength. Well, maybe a little.

9. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Just one quick question: How exactly do you know how many bars your phone is showing when it is inside your pocket? [​IMG]

10. AO

AO New Member

I have a Nokia 3390, so can you send me some good codes???

Thanks