Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Seattle Service

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I've currently got Sprint as my service provider and I'm completely fed up with it. I'm trying to decide which is the best for me, it seems that either Verizon or AT&T is probably the best. I travel daily from the Auburn to Everett, at least two weeks of the month I am at other locations within the U.S. Does anyone have any information regarding selection of the best provider?

2. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    I used to Live in Covington,Wa just north of Auburn, about a year ago. I can tell you from experience that the two best in those areas are Verizon and Nextel, my uncle had At&t, too many dead spot's with them even in city's like Kent, Federal Way and Renton , he would always cut out along Highway 18. Nextel and Verizon were the only two that even worked at our house in Covington, I never had a problem with Nextel in Wasington. One of my friends had Verizon and it worked just as good. If you want some more details please feel free to e-mail me at rjlamarra@msn.com, good luck.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    << I used to Live in Covington,Wa just north of Auburn, about a year ago. I can tell you from experience that the two best in those areas are Verizon and Nextel, my uncle had At&amp;t, too many dead spot's with them even in city's like Kent, Federal Way and Renton , he would always cut out along Highway 18. Nextel and Verizon were the only two that even worked at our house in Covington, I never had a problem with Nextel in Wasington. One of my friends had Verizon and it worked just as good. If you want some more details please feel free to e-mail me at rjlamarra@msn.com, good luck..... >>

Oh yeah, and perfect service with Nextel on highway 405......is traffic still still the same on that road...... ? I don't miss it one bit

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

I would also have to back verizon as a good carrier for that area. Great coverage and the nice part UNLIKE sprint your coverage includes analog signal instead of just the digital that sprint offers. So if you go into a analog area with a verizon phone NO roaming charges

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I just wrote this same responce to someone else, but I though it may be useful information to the questioner here as well.

I have been using Voice Stream for two years now. My phone is getting old, so I decided to check and see what other plans and services were available. I found conflicting views. People seem to have good and bad experiences with every company. I have come to the conclusion that is depends on where you live, what phone you have, and which customer service rep you get when you call. So far with Voice Stream, I have had excellent coverage in the Seattle-Bellevue-Tacoma areas. When I've called customer service for information and services I have talked to not so helpful people and some very exceptionally helpful people.

For instance, when I called last month to try to get a new phone I was told I would have to buy a new phone, the least expensive one being like $60, and sign a new agreement. I asked if there was a better deal, and they gave me a # to call and proceeded to be given another # to call from them, and I never really got an answer. WELL, that was a bit annoying. Today I started searching for a new company, mostly because I didn't want to have to pay very much, if at all, for a phone I'll only use once in a while. I couldn’t find a company that had the plans I wanted, with he phone I wanted, in the area I live. So I tried calling Voice Stream again. Not only did the rep give me a free phone, coincidentally the Nokia 3390 that looked the best to me as far a free or close to free phones go, but I didn't have to sign an agreement! To make my day even better she told me that since I had been a good customer for over a year I could upgrade my plan to &quot;Preferred&quot; Basic for free and would receive 500 extra weekend minutes. How cool is that?

My advice to people out there looking for a good company is; do your research. Look for a company that will let you return your phone if coverage isn't great in you area. Look for a company that has the policies that you think are fair. READ THE SMALL PRINT! As far as customer service, I think there are always bad apples at every company, so if you don't get a good one, try again. I suggest calling the 1-800 numbers to their customer care and see how long it takes them to answer your call. See how well they know the information and how they answer your questions. I called Cingular, and though they answered soon enough, the girl gave me wrong information and kept having to put me on hold to get answers. Those kinds of things may be an indicator of customer service, but call them a few times. When I called ATT, both times my call was answered quickly, and the reps knew their stuff. The main reason I didn't consider them is because the coverage in this area was bad. (My mom tried their service and was able to return it in 30 days due to coverage problems in Tacoma-Seattle areas.)

In summary, I'm very happy with Voice Stream. I hope this short book will be of help to someone.