Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SE Announces 7 New Handsets at 3GSM

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by scotsboyuk, Feb 10, 2008.

1. scotsboyuk

scotsboyuk Senior Member

My Phone:
    N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange, T-Mobile
    Sony Ericsson announced a bevy of new handsets yesterday (the 10th) at 3GSM in Barcelona. The new handsets are:

C702 & C902
    G700 & G900
    W980
    Z770
    XPERIA X1

XPERIA is the show stopper; 400 Mb internal memory, MicroSD support, aGPS, QWERTY keyboard; 800x600 65k VGA screen, Wi-Fi; UMTS/HSDPA.HSUPA, 3.2 MP camera, and Windows Mobile 6. Of most interest to you American chaps is that XPERIA is quadband GSM/UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA. Of even more interest to you American fellows is that XPERIA supports 1700 MHz UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA!

There will eb two versions of XPERIA, both quadband, but for different areas of the world. One version will support the 900/1700/1900/2100 MHz bands for UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA along with 850/900/1800/1900 MHz for GSM/EDGE. The other version will support 850/1700/1900/2100 MHz for UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA and support quad-band GSM/EDGE.

Take a look at the promotional video here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    The Xperia looks like a cross between the HTC Tilt and an iPhone. But probably better than both of them ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and yea, it's getting nuts with all the different bands and technologies: 850, 900, 1800, 1700, 1900, 2100....GSM, UMTS, HSPA, LTE...:googlyeye It's amazing how they can pack it all into one phone. Nokia has been good with jamming a bunch of different technologies and freqs into one phone, but it looks like the others are catching up too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. scotsboyuk

scotsboyuk Senior Member

My Phone:
    N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange, T-Mobile
    Just to make it clear, the X1 doesn't support LTE. :p

4. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    So I'm SOL on the LTE? :D

....actually, I don't think any commercial phone supports LTE right now it's just for testing.

5. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I have to say that SE has come up with some pretty nice phones/smartphones. Now if only Motorola would take a cue...:rolleyes: